hi! i just started learning photoshop about 2 months ago and i want to learn how to create designs like the one in the link below. but i dont know where to go to learn it. i have tried a few site but cant find anything of the sort. i have tried different search terms in google but can't come up with anything abstract. here's the link:
Here it is

Thanks in advance!

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

I am not quite sure about how to make that per se, but certain parts of the image resemble that of a Fractal. It is not the whole answer, but experimentation with fractals and other things might be able to produce something to that extent.

ok thanks, i'll go check up on it. Anymore help will be greatly appreciated.

experiment with pentool and gradient blending options to get that.

layerstv has some great podcast tutorials,

I've taught myself photoshop using tutorials from the net, I have come across a few regarding these "abstract design".

I usually search for fractal background tutorials. Some links are dead or annoying, but usually I hit paydirt or find something worthwhile.

There might also be some illustrator tutorials that help.

Hmm... that doesn't look like it's been thought out, rather it looks very much like an accident. Do you know if this was made using Photoshop? Photoshop is more for image manipulation, this sort of stuff would be easier done using PaintShop Pro.

Always use separate layers for each segment of the "design." For effects have a look at the layer options menu on each layer, and Filters.

Hmm... that doesn't look like it's been thought out, rather it looks very much like an accident. Do you know if this was made using Photoshop? Photoshop is more for image manipulation, this sort of stuff would be easier done using PaintShop Pro.

Always use separate layers for each segment of the "design." For effects have a look at the layer options menu on each layer, and Filters.

no i dont know how it was made. it is the wallpaper from the "XP to Vista theme changer" i downloaded a while ago.

@CoffeeChef i'll go check out the podacsts

Thanks

I used to make stuff like that with QuickBasic back in the DOS days.

I used the line statement, with a for loop to position the ends of the lines.

one question...is it better to learn from website tutorials (learn by example) or get a photoshop book and leran from there? if i need a book, which one should i get? cuz i currently learn from website tutorials.

Website tutorials are free. That is a plus. For books, it is hard to tell what book is good. Since everyone learns differently I recommend you do this:

Take one part about the application you understand well and read that portion of the book. If what they say makes sense to you and you think it sounds logical, that book is for you.

I personally like the Adobe Classroom in a Book series, but just because I think it is good doesn't mean you will find it useful.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.