i have a web page which i set the body with the following external styles.

.body{
background-image:url(bg_image.jpg);
background-repeat: repeat;
font-size: 12px;
font-family: Arial, Verdana, Georgia, Times New Roman, Sans-Serif;
}

.body a:link{color:#0000FF; text-decoration:none;}
.body a:visited{color:#0000FF; text-decoration:none;}
.body a:hover{background-color:none;color:none; text-decoration:underline;}

The problem is only in fonts.All fonts in my page appears to be BOLDED WHILE I DIDN`T SET LIKE THAT.
I HAVE TRIED TO CHECK WHAT IS THE PROBLEM WITHOUT SUCCESS.
I will appreciate if someone will tell me what to do,or i should do to force all the font to be UNBOLDED.
thankx.

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

last year the same thing happend to me and i noticed that i change the internet explorer's text-size from medium to larger. it might be the case for you too.

i did as u said but nothing changed.
Also i noticed this problem is all browsers i tested:

explorer,mozila,opera,google crome and even Safari.
I`m still confused.

why dont you post your entire page so we can display in our computers?

.body{
}

The problem is only in fonts.All fonts in my page appears to be BOLDED WHILE I DIDN`T SET LIKE THAT.
I will appreciate if someone will tell me what to do,or i should do to force all the font to be UNBOLDED.
thankx.

just try to add this after your css code.. <div><B></B></div> don't know if it will help

<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/styles.css" />
<title>No body can stop you from being happy</title>
</head>
<body class="body">

above is how i`m linking my styles.
so how or should i put the Code u suggested above.???

try putting it after this code

<body class="body">

not so sure if it will help..just try it....

nothing changed..

Try to use this css property.
font-weight: lighter, normal, bold, bolder;

yah! use in u r body tag like and try.

font-weight: normal;

It would definitely help others to see a full page code, including CSS, etc. for accurate triage. Certainly something like the following may work (note "body" and ".body" in your case are synonymous, and seems redundant):

body {
     font-weight: normal;
}

However, the above may not be enough (and is the default behavior anyway), and totally depends on your page markup. For example, you might have an extra <b> or <strong> or something around your content. In that case, you'd either need to (ideally) modify your markup appropriately (i.e. remove the <b> or <strong> in this case), or change your CSS to select the given element and overwrite the bold behavior.

In the meantime, we're really just guessing at solutions...

speed tweak take the dot(.) out of your css body definition,
<body class='body'> is just
<body>

i agree. if you set your body on a certain style, it's more difficult in resolving the rest of your styles to suite a certain criteria, so always set your body at minimum!! and style the rest of your page to what you require. Also make sure that you didn't create the content 'table' of what you are refering to in another table with he font set to bold.

I don't see anything here that would define bold text; if this is your entire CSS, then it seems your issue is with HTML - if you post it (or point to somewhere it exists online), we can take a look.

.body{
}

thankx.

just make sure that you did not put the text in another table, perhaps something like maintable that contains everything on your page and that maintable style does not have text set to bold.

I think it would help us more if you can give us the URL of your website so we can check your code and even your CSS.

The way you have set your CSS nothing weird and the fonts should not look as bold. However that .body is it a class or you want to give the global body CSS rules? If its global you have to remove the dot before the body.

As someone else mentioned you might have set a bold font on a container div or something like that, but we can keep guessing unless you post an URL to the problem or pastebin your CSS code.

i discovered that the problem was with the <th> tags i used in my coding..,i mean when creating tables.
which tends to interfears wit with this

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

So after,i added this in my css everything was ok.
th{
font-weight:normal;
}
Thankx to all who contributed to this)))

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.