I'm experiencing this problem, and I'm not quite sure how to resolve it.

www.MINIM.IS/infinitos/index.htm

I have the following code for the scrolled div:

<div style="overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: auto; width: 942px; height: 300px;">

And for a horizontally-scrolling page, I have:

www.MINIM.IS/collection.htm

<div style="overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: hidden; width: 942px; height: 280px;">

It works fine in FireFox, but in IE, the overflow stretches the page. Many times, when you pull up the page, it looks fine, but if you click on another open window of yours, then click back, it messes up.

Please help!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Sookoon,

Good and bad news.

Visited your pages but can't reproduce the symptoms. They seem to behave ok. (IE6 under Win 2000).

Airshow

Sookoon,

Good and bad news.

Visited your pages but can't reproduce the symptoms. They seem to behave ok. (IE6 under Win 2000).

Airshow

Yes, that's a frustrating thing. Many times it shows up fine. Try this:

Pull up that page, then click on another open window of yours, then click back on that page (you may need to do it a couple of times (other times, it pulls up incorrectly the first time you arrive at that page). Here's a screenshot: www.MINIM.IS/scrn.gif

Still behaves properly I'm afraid.

There is a bunch of known IE rendering bugs. Have a look through the list here. Solutions are offered for most of them. Yours may be covered.

Airshow

Hi,
There are many version of html and you need to tell the browser which version you are using so avoid discrepancies.

1) Go to http://validator.w3.org/ and put in ur url you will find ur page has 61 errors. Get rid of them and then the browsers won't be confused.

2) I noticed you have used tables to layout your products. Suggest you only div as tables are not very seo friendly.

Cheers,
Vishal

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.