Okay I've got 2 more problems for you guys!

1. I have to insert images using css (so im using background img) which works fine, and i've background-positioned it right, which is fine, but obviously the text goes over it. How can i change it so the text stops before the background image on each line. Sorry i dont know the command. Would i have to position the text? they're both in the same div.

2. I used the code below to put the next div on a separate line, its done that perfectly but also its sort of broken up the background color of white, so now only each p tag has white around it. Any ideas why? i dont know how to change it.

#divname   {
            clear: left;
      }

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

1. If your text is in a <p> tag, you can adjust the right margin or padding, so it will not cover the image.

2. Unsure what you mean.

For 1, thanks a lot. For 2 I mean i have a bunch of pictures that are supposed to be side by side and then a div and then another load of em. The div is supposed to be separated so i used clear: left, but now my background color is sort of broken and only shows for each of the p tags (which surround the picture) but not the full box.

Less information and we can't help you. Post both HTML and CSS.

Hi guys sorry been busy with uni, yeah no problems got it fixed. I couldn't post it due to half the page being derived from under external secured site. Still hard to explain but basically i set overflow to auto. No problems thanks guys.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.