Hi,
I need some help with a webpage on the ipad. I have a HTML registration page with a simple button. The problem is, when iPad users press the submit button, the shadow of the button is displayed on the next page. So when you hit submit, you are taken to a success page which does not have a button. iPad users can see a button shadow on the success page. How do I prevent this shadow from displaying on the second page? I'll appreciate your help.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

You sure this isnt an issue with the Ipad screen? I've never seen a button cast a shadow on another page. Have you tested this page in a web browser or even another Ipad?

I Appreciate the reply,
I thought so too but thought to seek help, the button shadow does not show on any web browser, not even on safari. I have been using the iPad simulator on http://ipadpeek.com/ and it doesn't show either.You may be right, must be something to do with the iPad.

Yes, I have tested on 3 iPads, all have the same problem
Thanks again.

hmmm odd that it happens on all the ipads you have tested. have you googled this issue specifically with ipads? Someone here may have more insight on ipads so maybe someone can help you further.

Unfortunately I have searched in vain. I got this article that I thought explained it, but I can't get it to work still.
I am now thinking of changing the button color so the shadow is not visible :-)
Here is the article from a website.. "In Safari on the desktop, the viewport is analogous to the window — as you resize a window, you are resizing the viewport. As you scroll, you are scrolling the viewport. Hence, in Safari on Mac OS X and Windows, the element always stays on screen.
Safari on iPad and Safari on iPhone do not have resizable windows. In Safari on iPhone and iPad, the window size is set to the size of the screen (minus Safari user interface controls), and cannot be changed by the user. To move around a webpage, the user changes the zoom level and position of the viewport as they double tap or pinch to zoom in or out, or by touching and dragging to pan the page. As a user changes the zoom level and position of the viewport they are doing so within a viewable content area of fixed size (that is, the window). This means that webpage elements that have their position "fixed" to the viewport can end up outside the viewable content area, offscreen.".

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.