I am using Dreamweaver cs4.

I had created a website and set up the pages individually. Then decided to create a template as the site is getting bigger and would be much easier to handle this way.

I opened one of the pages, did a "Save as template". Created Editible regions as needed. Saved the file. I just can't figure out how to link my new template to the child pages previously created.

Please help!

I am using Dreamweaver cs4.

I had created a website and set up the pages individually. Then decided to create a template as the site is getting bigger and would be much easier to handle this way.

I opened one of the pages, did a "Save as template". Created Editible regions as needed. Saved the file. I just can't figure out how to link my new template to the child pages previously created.

Please help!

One thing u already said that u created the template. On the right side where your files will be there and there will be assets also. In the assets you can see 9 icons on the left and last but one is the template.

You can find your template there and you can drag the template to empty html file or an existing html file if the format is the same...

This is my first post in daniweb.. I hope that i helped u....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.