I have a Blog and I would like to replicate the shadow effect that appear on Omgubuntu.co.uk. I had attached a screen-shoot.

Any idea?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Any suggestion so far? :)

I am trying to figure out what do you mean? You are pointing to something in the screenshot that looks like the border of the container that holds the post. To edit that, you will have to change the content border settings on the html or css file of your site.

If your blog is similar software to the one in your screenshot, then you can see if you can get the same template for that.

I am trying to figure out what do you mean? You are pointing to something in the screenshot that looks like the border of the container that holds the post. To edit that, you will have to change the content border settings on the html or css file of your site.

If your blog is similar software to the one in your screenshot, then you can see if you can get the same template for that.

I found it. It is called the box-shadow property... It is a beatiful addon to CSS.

-webkit-box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 5px rgba(0,0,0,0.15);
	-moz-box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 5px rgba(0,0,0,0.15);
	box-shadow: 0px 0px  10px 5px rgba(0,0,0,0.15); 
        box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 5px rgba(0,0,0); /* The Fallback */

More info: http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/WD-css3-background-20100612/#box-shadow

Cool, glad your problem is solved

Good Luck

Thank for your help! :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.