I'm trying to add pages of content to my site however typing all the HTML tags slows me down.

What is a recommended program to use to convert styled text with headings bullets to HTML source format?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I'm trying to add pages of content to my site however typing all the HTML tags slows me down.

Isn't your screen name dkwired.com a tutorial site for html?

What is a recommended program to use to convert styled text with headings bullets to HTML source format?

Look into the various CMS programs such as Joomla, Drupal, or even Wordpress. They make life simple if you don't want to be bothered with coding.

ya im starting it up, its just in the developing stages and i'm trying to incorporate the problems i run into... into my website.

If you only want to have the basic things on text easily converted to html, without any styling and size issues, a handy online converter is here: http://www.textfixer.com/html/convert-text-html.php

Plain text to html
Word docx to html
CSV to html table

Thanks for the suggestions....

I suppose any converter isn't going to know what your custom styles are so textfixer might be my best option.

What do you web developers out there use for quick and efficient content adding?

I personally hand-code almost everything but once in a while I use Surreal CMS, all you need is an "editable" class in a div and you can manage the content with a text editor.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.