Hello,

First of all, I have to say that I can't use CSS or DIVS for this. It has to be a TABLE and without CSS.

The problem I have is that the images are leaving a border at the bottom of the TD of 4 pixels.

Is there a way to get ride of it? I don't understand why is it leaving that space.. it's driving me crazy.

This is a very simple demo with a gif and a jpg image:
http://www.lloparts.com/quiz/quiz2.html

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Try looking at your Table attributes (cellpadding="2" cellspacing="2") and set the values to "0". This will set the borders between the cells and around the cell content to 0 pixels.

Try looking at your Table attributes (cellpadding="2" cellspacing="2") and set the values to "0". This will set the borders between the cells and around the cell content to 0 pixels.

Hi... They are set to "0" already... only border is set to "1" so the space at the bottom can be seen clearly..

Do you see them to "2"?

EDIT: I set the border to "0" too, and added a background so the odd space at the bottom can be seen in green.

No. Your make sure cellpadding and cellspacing are set to "0", border should also be set to "0".

No. Your make sure cellpadding and cellspacing are set to "0", border should also be set to "0".

Don't know what are youy looking at sir, but everything is at "0":

You can see a capture here with firebug showing the attributes (marked in red):

http://i56.tinypic.com/2cf5eo3.gif

Solved. Seems it was the doctype declaration.

May I ask why you have to use tables for this? is this a columnur layout? Also why cant you use css?, you do know you ARE using styles, and they CAN be placed in the head section(embedded) right?

Also, I would suggest you change your doctype from strict to transitional. You have a few errors that are a direct result of using elements that arent support in a strict doctype.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.