Member Avatar for tobeeornot
tobeeornot

I recently left my job in the UK as a project manager from a niche organisation that provides business services to public service bodies. I am thinking of sharpening my skills by doing some web development training and getting certified with some Microsoft and Adobe products and moving into Web Development project management.

I have done some research into a course but really want to know if the qualifications (especially with the MS certificates) I obtain are well regarded in the industry? Basically I want to know if it is worthwhile doing.

The course is over 3 months and covers the following areas:
HTML
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 (Exam 70-516)
Developing Data Access Solutions with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
Introduction to Web Development with Visual Studio 2010
Dreamweaver CS5 (Exam 9A0-146)
Photoshop CS5 (Exam 9A0-15)
Flash CS5

I can also do the following modules:
Java Script
Linux
Apache
MySQL
PHP
Developing Web Application with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 (Exam 70-515)
Developing Windows Communication Foundation Application with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 (exam 70-513)
Developing Data Access Solutions with Microsoft Visual Studio (exam 70-516)

The idea would for me to use some of my existing skills as a PM and combine it with the knowledge from the course to move into Website Project Management rather than just expect to do development work after a three month course.

Any advice about how these modules are regarded by industry would be very much appreciated.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.