As I always mention I'm pretty new to web design and I'm kinda learning as problems present themselves. The one I've run into today is creating a, for lack of a better word, "offical" download button. I found when using an upload script:

<form action="upload.php" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data">
            <input type="file"  name="ufile" />
            <input type="submit" value="Upload" />
          </form>

That it generated a "Browse" and an "Upload" button. I didn't have to design anything, and they had a cross platform look to them. What I'm wanting to know is if I have a file that I want the user to download is their a way to create a similar "Download" button to keep the look uniform on the page?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Is this in the wrong area, should it be in PHP?

You could either design a button that looks the same and add it to the site then link it to the file so it downloads once clicked on or you could just have a hyperlink like so "Download" then in your html client(dreamweaver etc) link it to the file in question and it will automatically download if the user clicks on it.

Hope this helps
Regards
Joe

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.