Hi,

I have started a site www.techozine.com. The theme I picked looks great in all browsers but the sidebar is severely distorted in internet explorer. Also the categories tab below the headline is not properly highlighted as in other browsers. Since the site is in wordpress, I cannot figure out exactly what to edit - the css or index.php. Can someone please help me with this. I can give you access to the server in a private mail if you are ready to help me. I need this fixed pretty badly since I have some advetisements/partnerships on the way....

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

First, validate your HTML and CSS.

You have listed this CSS rule twice with two values. Use only one - the second one.

.clearfloat { display: inline-block;}
.clearfloat { display: block;}

The featured side bar doesn't have enough width in IE, which is what's pushing the text down.

#featured .info {
    float: right;
    margin-top: 5px;
    padding-top: 5px;
    width: 180px; /* Increase this, and use dynamic unit (%/em) */
}

Mess with those a little bit and see where that gets you.

Regards
Arkinder

I was having a similar problem the other day, so I decided that whatever the browser is, the site owner should have a little more control over what visits their website.. so I built the Browser Blocker Plugin. Select the Browsers that you don't want to view your site... IE 6, 7, 8, 9, Chrome, Firefox, Android, iphone, ice weasel. You name it, Browser and specific versions, and the users of that web browser will get a nice splash screen with new browser download options that you choose.

Let the browser wars intensify...

Browser Blocker Wordpress Plugin Homepage

Browser Blocker Download from Wordpress.org

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.