Hi,

I am trying to create a new card with AI. The size is 80 mm x 50 mm. Before I printed I export it to jpg format. The print out result is as big as an A4 paper. How to create a new card with the output (print out) size is 80 mm x 50 mm ?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You can show the rulers and use the Scale tool (in the tools palette)to resize the image. You could also use the Transform Window (Windows>Transform), typing the desired dimension in the H box when holding the CTRL key and then hitting Enter, which will constrain the width accordingly. Take care at the proportions, an A4 page is 1.41 in ratio, while for the dimensions you have speciffied the ratio is 1.6.

You can show the rulers and use the Scale tool (in the tools palette)to resize the image. You could also use the Transform Window (Windows>Transform), typing the desired dimension in the H box when holding the CTRL key and then hitting Enter, which will constrain the width accordingly. Take care at the proportions, an A4 page is 1.41 in ratio, while for the dimensions you have speciffied the ratio is 1.6.

Before I print out the name card or export it to JPG, I enter the paper size: 88 x 53 pixel.

after I export it to jpg and print it out it seems that the size has changed. I do not print it out directly from AI.

When I try to print with AI : "(x) Can't print the illustration."

I think I am getting close. I have to export it to jpg with Medium/ High Resolution Depth.

Then, print it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.