Hi Guys well in my course to design websites that are as graphical as posiblem. i normaly prefere designing the graphical element with photoshop and then sending them over to the web page.

Ontill i met CSS, i relised that day in and they out new standareds were evolving to the extent that most of the graphical effect to texts and others can be applied by css example shadow. my only problem is that this new standared are mostly enforced or use or implimented by firefox and may be safare. But the fact remains, if you want your site to look the same in every borwser using these new standarad of CSS will generate a problem. And to all my firends out there try not to use absolute value in your CSS since screen resolutions change by the day. try using percentages instead.

so i ask what do we do since not all the browsers uphold these new standarads

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Basically, CSS3 is really helping us out by providing more functions and effects such as border-radius and box-shadow.
But still, there have been people still using old browser such as Internet Explorer 7 which do not have their support in CSS3. Thus, it not the only way to style the whole document. We need multiple css file based on browser usage and more css hack such as * used for IE7 css hack etc.
Usage of different css file for different media resolution should also be include.

Use some browser specific code, and then to get your css3 to work in earlier versions of IE, use http://css3pie.com/.

google on cross-browser css shadows / corners, whatever other effect you want for the browser specific code to use.

for example

-webkit-box-shadow: 4px 4px 4px #ccc;
   -moz-box-shadow: 4px 4px 4px #ccc;
        box-shadow: 4px 4px 4px #ccc;

-webkit-border-radius: 10px;
   -moz-border-radius: 10px;
        border-radius: 10px;

behavior: url(PIE.htc);
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.