I can't seem to find anything on spacing landscape. I know you can add Vertical space with <br>, but is that the best way. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thnks, Giddyup

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Member Avatar for LastMitch

@GiddyupGilbert

I can't seem to find anything on spacing landscape. I know you can add Vertical space with <br>, but is that the best way. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

What do you mean by that? Can you explain a litte more about the spacing?

No, <br/> is not the best option to vertical space. I suggest using margin and/or padding, depend on your needs.

For starters I'm kind of new at this. If you put, say a form string, name: type=text will give you the input space. Sometimes maybe the next string will be address:, a longer one, so your input fields will not align equally to the left. So, what I want to do in a form is give it accurate spacing so I can place things where I need. I haven't run across that type of info yet. On the vertical, thnks AleMonteiro, I will play with that and see how it goes.
Giddyup

You can also place your input elements within div elements and the text in other div elements, then use style properties such as width, height, padding, and margin.

Alternatively, what a lot of people do is use table related elements. You can easily build a table, add rows, columns, and just style the table to not have any borders. This is an easy way to position the content. The only problem with this method is that its not semantically correct. Tables should be used for tabular data, not presentation. Its not "wrong" to do it this way, its just not appropriate.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.