hi!

ive started encountering problems with developing sites with pop-up windows. These pop-up windows are not for ads, theyre for picture galleries or to other html windows...etc. Ive gotten calls from 2 clients saying b/c they installed or their friends have installed pop-up blockers they cant see part of their site. Does any one know how to get through pop-up blockers,
are pop-up windows dead or are there alternative methods?

any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

thanks,
jana

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I see its been a while since this post yet popups are still going strong however not a legitimant advertising but for the purpose of cookie stuffing , and spreading spyware and now using java to give the blockers the slip it seems the end will not come soon at least the SEO company's are slamming popups check out this little spat http://www.pageoptimiser.com/blog_popups.htm it only when google starts penelising that it will matter.

Why not just open a new page? The BACK button returns you to the menu page.

hi!

Does any one know how to get through pop-up blockers,
are pop-up windows dead or are there alternative methods?

My suggestion is to use light box for image display. Pop ups, in my opinion are dead. Light box and similar scripts are very classy looking and easy to use.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.