is it posssible to hack into any network using only the knowledge of html and css???

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

If a person only has HTML and CSS knowledge, then I would say no.

You sould note that we do not promote or share knowledge regarding exploiting vulnerabilities on this site.

It's not possible to hack into any network using only a single technology, regardless of what that technology is. Part of being a good hacker is knowing the right tools for the job, and every job is different.

That being said, I will say there are certain "hacking" techniques that can be done just with HTML and CSS such as clickjacking iframes.

No.It is not posssible to hack into any network using only the knowledge of html and css.Hacking requires techniques.

Well ... you could view source and change hidden and/or disabled fields to visible and/or enabled. This in turn would allow you to post or get form information that would otherwise be unavailable.

From there ... .anything is possible.

CSS and HTML are programming languages which main pupose is for web design. But we can not predict as of now how far these two can go in relation to hacking so we are not closing the doors for possibilities.

ggamble: that's still not hacking into anything. also, there are tons of webapplications 'out there' that won't allow you to see the source code, so the "anything is possible" might be a bit exaggerated :)

stultuske, if I can make a web site show or do something that the programmer did not intend for me to see or do ... thats "Hacking". And through that you can attemplt some "Social Hacking". And there is source and generated source. Copying a generated source and modifying it has potential on any website.

Unless it is a very unsecure website, it is incredibly difficult to hack a website only having the knowledge of html and css.

then how mark hacked harvard facebook script code of web site to download all photos??

He was probably just scrapping the pages.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.