Hello all,

I am new into this webdesign industry. How to do website design so that my website contnet will show differnt in desktop and in mobile different ?

This is my website adress http://www.cheapwebsitedesign4u.org.uk. You can have a visit and give me some ideas.

Thanks In advance.

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Hi there,

What you're talking about is something called responsive design. It is usually done by placing your content into a grid system.

Take a look at Pure. (Include links here)

It explains here how things work in detail, but simply, arrange your code like this:

<div class="pure-g-r">

<div class="pure-u-1-3"> ... </div> <!-- 1-3 means 1/3 (one third) -->
    <div class="pure-u-1-3"> ... </div>
    <div class="pure-u-1-3"> ... </div>

</div>

If you wanted two columns, you would use 2 divs with the class pure-u-1-2 (1-2 means 1/2 - one half)

Hope this helps, any problems let me know :)

Cheapewebsitedesign indeed. I guess you get what you pay for, but I'd be very wary of a web design company which doesn't seem to know the basics of web design...

commented: me too +13

If you are doing work for which you expect to get paid,
LEARN HOW TO DO IT

You put your site address on a post that says
"Hey everyone I'm lying to you.

"we're experts in responsive web design, web development, seo."

some new definition of expert the public may not be familiar with?
expert: combination noun: EX+spurt
EX: has been;
spurt: drip under pressure;
ergo expert: a has-been drip, under pressure

@JohnPeter,

Please learn the basic first. Have you ever heard about these responsive frameworks?

bootstrap
960 Grid System
Foundation 5
Yaml:4

I could go on for hours, but it is your turn now and I want you to research for the remaining responsive frameworks. Hint: they are more than 25 responsive frameworks the last time I checked.

Hey what you want to achieve in the industry it is called as responsive web design

I guess you need to learn basic of responsive web design starting from the media css properties.

/* Smartphones (portrait and landscape) ----------- */
@media only screen 
and (min-device-width : 320px) 
and (max-device-width : 480px) {
/* Styles */
}

/* Smartphones (landscape) ----------- */
@media only screen 
and (min-width : 321px) {
/* Styles */
}

/* Smartphones (portrait) ----------- */
@media only screen 
and (max-width : 320px) {
/* Styles */
}

/* Desktops and laptops ----------- */
@media only screen 
and (min-width : 1224px) {
/* Styles */
}

There are tons of example to how to design responsive web pages. GOogled them and read out

HTML AND CSS is very helpfull for web desgin now a days. You can use "div" easily. I like it.

I think, html and css is nice for web design. Do you love CSS?

html and css is very intresting and effective if you know all tages and how they work you done very good job with your website but you also be creative.....

I have to agree with others who are basically saying that you should never create and promote a company when you don't know the first thing about the services you are offering. Your low prices undercut the rest of us who actually DO know what we are doing. I just feel sorry for your customers who will have to learn "you get what you pay for" indeed.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.