Hello there am using bootstrap a long time ago but this is the first time I had an issue like this,
normally when adding an icon to button its should appears like this

<span class="glyphicon glyphicon-search"></span>

e16ba87456c60933b47a886f3bd7c753

but today I found its appears like this

399d82ee4052075368a7f6f6c19a1051

just look for the icon not for the colors :P
I thought its because of browser, I've test it on multiple browsers and same results :(

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Member Avatar for diafol

Is the sprite-sheet local or remote? Could a new version of the sprite sheet have been used? Have a look at the "inspect elements" or similar in your browser?

This is because the font library is being included from a remote location, easily solved by including a library hosted on your own site :)

As mattster has said, is the library from a remote location? If so, that means that it can be changed by someone else (or from whomever that you are using it from).

I think it just so happens that the Cerulean contains some sort of overwrite for the icons, that being the only reason why it worked.

BTW: the reason I say to include the origional bootstrap file is that http://bootswatch.com/cosmo/ do on their demo!

I really don't know what is the problem but now every css from bootswatch not viewing icons properly :(, maybe is it encoding problems ?

Probably not to be honest, but maybe.

BUT YOURS NOW LOOKS LIKE IT'S WORKING!! YAY!!

Maybe because of location.

@mattster , its still not working even after changing the css file
7fadaa57d8161a7902a382ed5984eb53

I put icon only on search form, only the main bootstrap css working properly, I guess i must change my site theme because of this problem :(

EDIT: i've used another browser and its working :D, now thats really wierd problem.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.