Silentiopk4 0 Newbie Poster

Hello,

I have a .shtml page that on it's own works with server side includes but when I call that page from a perl script which is called from a login .shtml page, they don't work.

I am using Microsoft IIS and I don't know if it's an IIS settings thing or if it's a problem with my code. I'll post the code here, and if anyone has any suggestions or can point me to a more appropriate forum, I would appreciate it.

Here's the file that works on it's own.

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/Active.css">
<title>Skill-Builder.org - Learning Opportunities</title> 
</head>
<body>
<h1>You are here 0 db-top.shtml</h1>
<h2> dates:
<!--#config timefmt="%A, %B, %e, %Y"-->
<!--#echo var="DATE_LOCAL"--><br>
<!--#exec cgi="/Scripts/test.cgi"--><br>
<!--#exec cgi="/Scripts/test.pl"--><br>
<!--#exec cgi="/skill-builder/cgi-bin/test.cgi"--><br>
<!--#exec cgi="/skill-builder/cgi-bin/test.pl"--><br>
<!--#echo var="REMOTE_HOST"--><br>
Dates:
</h2>
</body>
</html>

The .cgi and .pl just have print statements, that work. Whether I take them out or leave them in that snippet doens't matter. When I run the file through a browser, it works.

In this context it doesn't: I have index.shtml which is a frameset which calls login.shtml which displays a username and password screen. On submit, it calls login.pl which validates the username and password combo and then calls the above file, db-top.shtml.

I'm really, really lost on whether this is a problem with (1) the way I have things linked together, (2) my understanding of html and server-side includes, (3) an environment issue, or (4) something else entirely.

Thanks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.