From reading a digest a while ago showing the multitude of moderators hanging up the big 'M' hat, i e-mailed dani saying "oo can i have a go?" obviously in a higher intalect than that, but with that general message. Dani then kindly PMed me back saying something along the lines of "We are looking through our forums to look for a gap if anyone could fit into. This make take some time..." Words to that effect.
Now in this months digest crunchie put in his lovely bio:

"On saying that, I notice there has still been no-one appointed to the position and would be willing to undertake the modship again sometime."

I would like to make my position clear,
I would like to be a moderator.

Thanks, Serunson

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

You can have my hat if you want. It doesn't go with the rest of my wardrobe.

lol
What section/s do you cover again? I am sure you cover a load of C+ stuff? Am i right?
I believe the digest was the August edition detailing 6 Moderator positions have gone. So I wonder who else is gunna pluck up the challenge and join me to becoming a mod :P

I doubt asking will accomplish much.. Dani probably has her own screening process that she sticks too.. and contacts people on an individual basis. (I don't know for sure, but that's just my theory ;-))

Most well managed forums will come to you to be a mod, not you going to them. If everyone who asked received the position, well, it'd be chaotic. No offense, but that's just how a lot of places work.

what does a moderator do, though, i am sure the queen has a process, and i would assumed that it would be base on quite a few thing most importantlym trust and reliabilty to name a few,

Moderator positions are, indeed, given out on a combination basis of need and experience. First we identify a need, then we find someone with the right balance of enthusiasm and experience to best fulfil the position.

We do not ask people to volunteer to become moderators, we will approach them if and when the time is right.

With regard to the fact that we lost a handful of people some months back, that does not actually mean that we are desperate to find people to replace them. The existing moderator team is doing a splendid job, and where additional help is identified as being required then we will identify the right people to contact about stepping up...

Moderator positions are, indeed, given out on a combination basis of need and experience. First we identify a need, then we find someone with the right balance of enthusiasm and experience to best fulfil the position.

We do not ask people to volunteer to become moderators, we will approach them if and when the time is right.

With regard to the fact that we lost a handful of people some months back, that does not actually mean that we are desperate to find people to replace them. The existing moderator team is doing a splendid job, and where additional help is identified as being required then we will identify the right people to contact about stepping up...

yes, i hadf a IM conversation ages agao with dani about this, they will approach people personally when they need someone

p.s im intetrested ;)

Right well at least that is all cleared up..........
Accept one thing, why Bennet do you have to copy what i do first! grrrr:@

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.