Hello.. I posted this before, but I think I may have placed in the wrong area. I have had help in this area before when I had a virus on my PC, so Im hoping you all can help with my new laptop. I just purchased a HP - Pavilion TK-57 Laptop (Model dv6704nr). I want to get rid of some of the unnecessary junk that came on the laptop. Someone gave me a link to tell me how to delete programs from the control panel. I just wanted to know if I could use something like HiJack this to post all the programs on my computer and you all tell me which is necessary and which is not. Im a newbie and dont want to delete something that is needed. I hope Im making sense. Thanks..

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hijackthis is meant for removing malware, you could tell me what you have installed and what you intend to use the computer for and I can help you.

HJT will tell you whats running at the time of the scan.....

Download a copy of HijackThis and save it to your desktop in a folder. Do a scan and save the HijackThis logfile. Do not remove anything. Post your log file here. Link to HijackThis:

http://castlecops.com/zx/Merijn/hijackthis.zip

Lets see what nasties lurk within your vista installation.

Regards!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.