Hello, could someone tell me how to delete this virus. I heard I could go into my browser and delete it but I don't know how to get into my browser either. I guess I don't know how to do anything. But if anyone can help me please tell me what to do. I don't have a clue. Thanks, Renea

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Afternoon Renea,

It would always be advised to use an updated antivirus program as this will usually remove it all for you.

Unless you already have one installed, Avast! or AVG are popular as they're free but make sure you keep them updated though. Would be wise to look into or check your firewall at the same time.

Regards,

Dazza :cool:

(Welcome to Daniweb by the way!)

Can you be more specific about this akamai virus?

Akamai is a giant content distributer (or CDN).

Not sure what you are trying to remove....

PP :)

THANKS YOU VERY MUCH DAZZA. AND THANKS FOR THE WELCOME. HEY PP AKAMAI IS NOT EVEN A VIRUS? I SCANED AND I SHOWED UP AS A VIRUS IT SAID AKAMAI V .COM OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT SO I GUESS THAT WOULD BE AN ADDRESS MAYBE? AND WHAT IS PHILLIEPHAN'S MALWARE CLEANING STEPS IS IT GOOD. I SO TIRED OF D/L A BUNCH OF CRAP AND THEN GOING AND REMOVING IT. I WISH I COULD AFFORD SOME GOOD STUFF TO BUY AND I WISH I COULD JUST CLEAN MY PC OUT BUT I TO AFRAID TO REMOVE TO MUCH STUFF I MIGHT NEED. THANKS EVERYONE. RENEA. : )

What is that reputation thing at the top
what is that all about i'm new yall have to fill me in on all these things. renea

HEY PP AKAMAI IS NOT EVEN A VIRUS? I SCANED AND I SHOWED UP AS A VIRUS IT SAID AKAMAI V .COM OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT SO I GUESS THAT WOULD BE AN ADDRESS MAYBE? AND WHAT IS PHILLIEPHAN'S MALWARE CLEANING STEPS IS IT GOOD. I SO TIRED OF D/L A BUNCH OF CRAP AND THEN GOING AND REMOVING IT. I WISH I COULD AFFORD SOME GOOD STUFF....

--- I am not familiar with any "Akamai virus." Can you give us anything concrete, such as
AV scanlog?

--- My "malware cleaning steps" are a workthrough I posted at another forum I frequent. They do not have many volunteers to help with malware removal, so I put together some initial steps for posters to follow to prepare 4 scanlogs BEFORE posting for help. In some cases, these initial steps can remove a good deal of malware.

--- There is a lot of "good stuff" to fight malware available for free! See both of my linkys below.....

Best :)
PP

You don't need to be able to afford 'good stuff' there's copius amounts of fantastic freebies out there!

Avast!, AVG etc are all good free anti-viruses.

System Mechanic does a free trial this will get your system running smoothly then you can simply uninstall it lol

Any problems you get just ask; as someone here is bound to have seen or solved it before.

Sorry - reputation, when someone likes what you've posted, finds it useful or solves their problem they can add to your reputation.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.