Download LSPfix from here
On the opening screen, click the "I know what I'm doing" checkbox, then click Finish.
Reboot and try again.

On the opening screen, click the "I know what I'm doing" checkbox, then click Finish.
Reboot and try again.

Hi.. I tried that winsockfix another time and rebooted my system. Now it has started working. But sometimes it gives problem. Yesterday it worked for sometime. Gave some problem in between. And in the evening after i restarted it has started working. As of now everything is ok. Do i have to run LSP now?

Reboot and try again.

Hi.. I tried that winsockfix another time and rebooted my system. Now it has started working. But sometimes it gives problem. Yesterday it worked for sometime. Gave some problem in between. And in the evening after i restarted it has started working. As of now everything is ok. Do i have to run LSPfix now?

If everything is ok, then do not worry about running LSP fix. If it plays up again, give it a try.

Yeah sure. Thanks CRUNCHIE :)

No worries :)

If everything is ok, then do not worry about running LSP fix. If it plays up again, give it a try.

Hi !

Still I have the same "server connection failed" problem. I tried LSPfix too but it says "No changes necessary" and showing 0(zero) entries removed in 4 items. What can i do next. Please help me out. :'(. If I use winsockfix then I am not able to even access websites, which is still worser.

Download Dial-a-Fix and run it. Select the 'Check all' (green arrow) and then hit 'GO.'
Reboot when done and see how things are now.

Download Dial-a-Fix and run it. Select the 'Check all' (green arrow) and then hit 'GO.'
Reboot when done and see how things are now.

Hi Crunchie

Dial-a-Fix did it. Now my connection is perfect. Initially after running that messenger did not work. But I reinstalled it. And now all the server connections are working. Thanks a lot. Your help is appreciated

Thanks !! :cool: :icon_razz: :icon_smile: :)

I'm glad to hear it is fixed :). You are welcome.

Hi.

As i have already mentioned above, my system seems to boot very slow and operations also little slow. But it was too good a few months before. I ran that ATF cleaner too. Its removing the cache but Im did not see any considerable change. My system is totally free from viruses, spywares and all. I have installed AVG and Mcafee and daily they are updated and no virus has been detected. But still my system is slow. Can you suggest me something. Please. !!

Hi.

As i have already mentioned above, my system seems to boot very slow and operations also little slow. But it was too good a few months before. I ran that ATF cleaner too. Its removing the cache but Im did not see any considerable change. My system is totally free from viruses, spywares and all. I have installed AVG and Mcafee and daily they are updated and no virus has been detected. But still my system is slow. Can you suggest me something. Please. !!

Try defragmenting your drive and see how that goes.

Hi. Defragment? But I dont know how to do. Sorry. Excuse me. I dont meddle much with those things. Can u please tell me how to do?

I just made a quick look in google search about the defragmentation. But looks like it will take very long time to get it done !!! My hard disk capacity is 160GB. How long it will take. ? Around 80% of my disk is full. So I think it is recommended to do defragmentation. But please help me to do tat without causing any loss of file. Since i could not back such large amount of data up.

Go to Start | All Programs | Accessories | System Tools and click on Disk Defragmenter and when it comes up, select the Defragment now option.
It is a perfectly safe operation. You would be best served to start it before retiring for the night just in case it takes a long time.

Hi I did Defragmentation. It went on well without any problem. Thanks. But Sorry to say, still I didnt notice any considerable improvement in the performance of my system. Even now some of my windows applications take time to open (like Internet Explorer, MS Office applns and so on). Is there anything else to do for a better performance.. Please help me !!

I do not know what else to suggest for you :(. Perhaps some of our other knowledgeable members here have a suggestion.

I do not know what else to suggest for you :(. Perhaps some of our other knowledgeable members here have a suggestion.

:-O Tats ok crunchie. Thanks a lot for all ur support. Will get back to u later if i get any problem. Thanks again

Hello Sir,

I am back after a long time.. Recently I have a problem. When I do google search, I am not able to go access the search results. I am directed to some link related to "Antivirus 2009" when i click the search result. The link is
http://main-scanner.com/2009/9/_freescan.php?aid=880501

Its saying that my system is infected with sever spyware and asking me to install Antivirus 2009 software to remove those. I made a thorough scan using AVG and Mcafee. Results are clear.

Here I have attached the screen shot showing what I got after clicking on the search result link. Please help me to get rid of this.

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (http://www.majorgeeks.com/Malwarebytes_Anti-Malware_d5756.html) to your desktop.

* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure to checkmark the Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.
* Post the log back here.

Make sure that you restart the computer.

The log can also be found here:
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
Or at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt

Post new HJT log.

Hi Crunchie,

Actually before I get your reply i tried running combofix once. It deleted a few files automatically and after that my webpages are loading properly. Now I have a problem may be because of the previous infection. Now Im not able to install or uninstall anything. I could not install even this malwarebyte you have mentioned in the previous post. While uninstalling any application from Add or Remove programs im getting an error saying "Windows Installer service could not be accessed. This can occur if you are running windows in safe mode, or if the windows installer is not correctly installed."

But I downloaded the Windows Installer 3.1 from Microsoft website and installed. Even then im getting such error. Please Help me out. :( Im not able to access server connections too(like AVG automatic update, rapidshare downloads etc.) which is a similar problem that we were discussing about long back.

Now i post here my recent combofix and HJT log. Please review and solve this issue.

Thanks !!!

Try the solution found here.

Hi.

I installed the latest windows installer through this only. And now i tried both the methods mentioned there. But no change. Can u please suggest me something else to resolve this problem. Im not able to install or uninstall any software.:( Please. Early reply is solicited.

Thanks

Hi. Im attaching the result file of Malwarebyte scan. Please review and comment

Try a scan at Kaspersky. Post the log. If that reveals nothing, then you may be up for a re-install :(.

Hi Crunchie

My problem is solved now. I made a scan via Kaspersky Online Scan. But my system is free from infections. The problem was with Windows Installer. It had corrupted I suppose and that caused the problem and prevented me from installing and uninstalling any application. I installed the latest Windows Installer 4.5. Now my system is alright. Also I was not able to see picasa album photos during that period. After I reinstall Internet Explorer 7.0, that problem has also been solved and my system is perfect. Thanks for all your supports.

You are welcome :).

This thread is now closed. If you need it reopened, please send a PM to one of our Mods.

Include the link to the thread and detail why you need it reopened.

If this is not your thread please start a New Topic.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.