:?: Hi can anyone please help to sort out my puter I have 38 processes running is there a list of what is needed to run windows XP home edition with service pack 2 added. Or can someone please tell me how to edit processes to just what I need to have running.
Next is how do I get rid of unwanted popup I have a popup stopper from xp loaded, but every time I load internet explorer there is an add at the bottom of page and no way can I get rid of it.
There is a program been entered in my program files called “meet love win I cannot delete it, all I get is message saying it “cannot delete bin jump.exe Need help with this please
If anyone can help will you please try to keep it simple as I am fairly new to computers?
Thank you
Zerton
:)

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

ok got to run and type msconfig and then adialog box will appear click on startup tab and click disable all restart and normally delete d file it wil get deleted and then go to msconfig and enable each process by clicking on each of it((run is present on the dialog box dat appears when you click on start)):)

commented: Bad Advice. This could leave the poster without security on the system. -2

ok got to run and type msconfig and then adialog box will appear click on startup tab and click disable all restart and normally delete d file it wil get deleted and then go to msconfig and enable each process by clicking on each of it((run is present on the dialog box dat appears when you click on start)):)

This thread is six years old. That said, sharvin this is BAD advice. The computer in question obviously had malware or infections on it. We have no way of knowing since the original poster never returned. But doing what you recommended likely would not have made a difference. Plus telling the poster to turn off all autostarts without knowing what they are is also bad advice. Having somebody do this could very well disable their anti virus program, leaving them open to more infections.
We are always happy to have those who would like to offer assistance but our rules must be followed.
Rule 1. Use tools recommended in our Read me stickly
http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread134865.html

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.