please could you help, ive got a vista computer and when i log in i have to keep pressing ctrl+alt+del to startup task manager and start a new task 'explorer.exe' could you let me know whats wrong or what needs to be done please

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

This lil batch file will query what entry is currently in the key resposible for launching explorer.exe as your shell at startup; it will then replace whatever exists with the correct value. Please mention if the notepad that opens is empty.
==Copy the text between the lines to a notepad [format/wordwrap unchecked] and save as showkey.bat, as type "all files", to your desktop; dclick it to run, then post the file C:\showkey.txt
start C:\showkey.txt

thank you very much, this has sorted my problem out

May I ask what the notepad reported as previously in the key for "Shell" = ?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.