Hi there ,
After I have demoted my windows 2000 advanced server from Domain Controller to a member server I decided to use DCPROMO again , to Promote that server to a DC again. It worked well . But : when users log in to the Domain , they have difficulties with running Logon and Logof scripts and startup and shut down scripts as well . I still see in the security tab of my files the UID s of the old Domain . I think there must be some kind of mix up with the security ID`s . Strange thing is : the logon Process runs well . I wanted to ask now , if there is a way to clean up the previous active directoruy completely ( since dcpromo does`nt seem to remove some old sec ID s ) .
Any suggestions ?
thanks alot

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi there ,
After I have demoted my windows 2000 advanced server from Domain Controller to a member server I decided to use DCPROMO again , to Promote that server to a DC again. It worked well . But : when users log in to the Domain , they have difficulties with running Logon and Logof scripts and startup and shut down scripts as well . I still see in the security tab of my files the UID s of the old Domain . I think there must be some kind of mix up with the security ID`s . Strange thing is : the logon Process runs well . I wanted to ask now , if there is a way to clean up the previous active directoruy completely ( since dcpromo does`nt seem to remove some old sec ID s ) .
Any suggestions ?
thanks alot
www.bitsel.com

I don't think you can mass prune anything out of A.D.

If all you're doing is deleting SID's from directory permissions, I wouldn't worry much at all about it. Just if you come across them in the future, delete them. They're not hurting anything by being shown.

Actually, you may be able to use the Active Directory Cleanup wizard. Google for it or check out Microsoft's site to download it.

The operative word in the first sentence is may.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.