Hi all
I was wondering if someone can help me.I have a hard drive that is under the influence of virus es(and probably some other mean creatures.lol)and perhaps has corrupted windows files.the HD is slaved in my machine @ the moment

Heres what happened:the client came to me and defined what his problem was I immediately recognized the problem as a virus.gave him the anti virus softies,he installed and ran it on his system.while the scan was running for some reason he did a shutdown on his machine. Ever since then whenever he started his machine it came up tremendously slow,after the log in the processor would work amazingly hard(85-100%) without any user processors running. after five minutes or so it will cool of,however when you do something after a couple of seconds it will freeze.
Note:the num lock/caps lock can go on/of-mouse movement is there but thats it

I am scanning the drive at the moment but if anyone knows of software that can fix it or what it might be I will gladly appreciate it.working under tight schedule

Thanx Dani peeps ;)

Contributor
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by sittas87

Heres what the problem was and what I did
refering to my previous post the user did a shutdown on his machine while the computer was doing a virus scan.After concluding the problem I realised that there was indeed two small viruses and one trojan on his machine.The antivirus program was going to remove it but because he did a shutdown not only didn't it detect/repair it but also corrupted the registry because it was busy scanning some system files at current(as he told me afterwards)

So I had 2 viruses and a trojan and a malfunctioning registry.I went in using safe mode and ran the virus scans,after some research I installed both registry fix and Registry Mechanic and had it run a registry repair atleast 3 times with both programs

Up until this point everything is still running fine.Ill be sending the users machine back to day

Thanx though
sittas

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.