I redownloaded Combofix frm Bleeping Computer. I put it on the desktop, went to "run" and followed your instructions. It just deleted Combofix and didn't give me any options. Anything else I need to do ?

One more thing......In the midst of all the loading by using thumb drives, and AVG for some reason being the only program that finds " AUTORUN.EXE, my thumb drives won't open when I click on the drive letter, such as "E" or "F". All it tells me is that " Windows cannot find "autorun.exe". Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the start button, and then click search". If I right click and choose " Explore, it opens just fine. I know that AVG keeps saying that it finds "autorun.exe, when I plug a thumb drive in sometimes. I have looked up this problem on the net and found different sollutions....HELP ?

If you right click on the drive and choose properties then autoplay, can you choose an action to take when you insert the drive?

Yes. I select properties, open folder to view files, apply. When I try to open the thumb drive after that, it just says...." Windows cannot find "autorun.exe.....
AVG kept saying that autorun.exe was a trogan, but I think now that it wasn't , and it has been deleted.
When I first plug the thumb drive in, the same window opens up, that is supposed to give me all the options to choose from, but it's blank. But when the drive is pluged in and I choose properties, autoplay, .....the choices are there.

Don't forget to check your thumbdrive for contamination also. Its likely you'll get 2 positives from it if its what I just finished removing. Also saw a bogus ctfmon that wasn't able to be identified as such until scanning from safe mode with Malwarebytes and Superantispyware.

Don't forget to check your thumbdrive for contamination also. Its likely you'll get 2 positives from it if its what I just finished removing. Also saw a bogus ctfmon that wasn't able to be identified as such until scanning from safe mode with Malwarebytes and Superantispyware.

I have completely removed everything off the thumbdrive and I still get the same thing.

Does this happen when you pop a CD in too? Not sure what the solution is.

No sir. My fixed drives, or my CD/DVD drives are fine. It is only when I plug in a thumb drive, that it happends. I can manage around it by just right clickin and selecting " explore". You have helped me a GREAT deal sir, and I appreciate ALL that you've done in getting this computer clean !!!!!!!!
If I can figure out how to close this thread, I will. Thanks also to this sight and all who put in thier time and effort to help others !!!!!!!!!

You are welcome. Sorry I couldn't be of further help.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.