Heeelp! This is all so sudden!
Everytime I sign in to windows live messenger i get this genetic host process error!
here are the details:

szAppName : svchost.exe szAppVer : 5.1.2600.2180 szModName : ntdll.dll
szModVer : 5.1.2600.2180 offset : 00029d14

Files included in report : C:\DOCUME~1\HOMEUS~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERd172.dir00\svchost.exe.mdmp
C:\DOCUME~1\HOMEUS~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERd172.dir00\appcompat.txt

After clicking Debug/Close I get a never-ending number of Svchost.exe ( -k netsvcs) errors (not to mention pc crashes :@) and they shut down many services like Themes, Audio etc.

The same thing used to happen with Automatic Updates ... but I "got rid" of that problem by disabling the service.

Any help please?
Thanks
Simon

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

i got the same problem!!!!!!!!!

Ok, first of all to rikonos, the original poster of this problem, we need to know what your operating system is and if you have all the latest updates for your Microsoft programs.
Had you installed anything new prior to these errors occurring?
Have you done full system scans with your updated anti-virus program?

To Prof.Stendahl, you need to begin your own thread rather than posting within somebody else's thread. Even though the errors seem to be the same each computer is entirely different and what is causing your error may not be exactly the same thing causing rikonos.
Judy

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.