Did you go to the Wintools removal instructions page?
1. Download and install Ad-Aware SE, keeping the default options. However, some of the settings will need to be changed before your first scan
2.Close ALL windows except Ad-Aware SE
3. Click on the‘world’ icon at the top right of the Ad-Aware SE window and let AdAware SE update the reference list for the adware and malware.
4. Once the update is finished click on the ‘Gear’ icon (second from the left at the top of the window) to access the preferences/settings window
1) In the ‘General’ window make sure the following are selected in green:
*Automatically save log-file
*Automatically quarantine objects prior to removal
*Safe Mode (always request confirmation)
*Prompt to udate outdated definitions - set the number of days
2) Click on the ‘Scanning’ button on the left and select in green :
Under Driver, Folders & Files:
*Scan Within Archives
Under Select drives & folders to scan -
*choose all hard drives
Under Memory & Registry: all green
*Scan Active Processes
*Deep Scan Registry
*Scan my IE favorites for banned URL’s
*Scan my Hosts file
3) Click on the ‘Advanced’ button on the left and select in green:
Under Shell Integration:
*Move deleted files to recycle bin
Under Logfile Detail Level: (all green)
*include addtional object information
*DESELECT - include negligible objects information
*include environment information
Under Alternate Data Streams:
*Don't log streams smaller than 0 bytes
*Don't log ADS with the following names: CA_INOCULATEIT
4) Click the ‘Tweak’ button and select in green:
Under the ‘Scanning Engine’:
*Unload recognized processes during scanning
*Scan registry for all users instead of current user only
Under the ‘Cleaning Engine’:
*Let Windows remove files in use at next reboot
Under the Log Files:
*Include basic Ad-aware SE settings in logfile
*Include additional Ad-aware SE settings in logfile
*Please do not check or make green: Include Module list in logfile
5. Click on ‘Proceed’ to save the settings.
6. Click ‘Start’
*Choose:'Perform Full System Scan'
*DESELECT "Search for negligible risk entries", as negligible risk entries (MRU's) are not considered to be a threat.
7. Click ‘Next’ and Ad-Aware SE will scan your hard drive(s) with the options you have selected and clean automatically.
8. If Ad-Aware SE finds bad entries, you will receive a list of what it found in the window
9. Save the log file when it asks and then click ‘finish’
10. REBOOT to complete the removal of what Ad-Aware SE found
Download & instal Spybot S&D 1.3 from here. Update it before scanning.
After the scan is complete, have spybot fix everything marked RED.
On the page that first opens when you start Spybot there is an option to immunise, you should do this. In the immunise section there is also a link to download Spywareblaster. This program will prevent the install of bad activex controls that it has knowledge of. Download that & you can keep it updated by selecting the same link that you use to download it. Reboot
Download HijackThis from here & unzip it into it's own, permanent folder, (Not a temporary folder or the desktop (in a folder on the desktop is fine) & not directly on your hard drive). If you prefer an executable file, then download from here.
If you have anything disabled in MsConfig, please re-enable it/them.
Start HJT & with all browser windows closed, press the scan button. When the scan is finished the scan button will change to save. Save the log to a text file, copy the entire contents of the text file & paste it into the body of your post. DO NOT FIX ANYTHING YET. Most of what is there is necessary for the running of your system.
thanks Crunchie, will do
HELP!! I have a windows server 2012 r2 . I can still use my server until i fell asleep and now woke up, And can't log in to my administrator ...
Hi. I'm concerned an ex has installed spy software on my computer (and maybe iPhone, but that's for another thread). I've spent days reading about it and I'm not really ...
Which is the most reliable free antivirus for USB flash drives that resides and runs from the device itself and doesn't need to be installed on the computer?