ok my friend gave me her presario 700, but it hAS a viruses (it has a lil gray box's withe 4 small box's in it the box's are 1 red, 1 yellow, and 2 green) i ran scans but cant id it norton comes up with nothing at all , also she deleted the audio out of pc i hear no sound at all. please help me , i am working with windows xp

Ok....
As for you virus issues, I think a good scan from SpyBot will do the trick. Download here: http://projects.securitywonks.net/projects/details.php?file=2
Then install the software, afterward select check for problems. Let it scan, this might take a while. Then you will get a read out of problems within your computer, select to fix the problems. Hopefully this fix most of your problems.

As for your audio, you will need to figure out what kind of sound card you have. To do this go to your Control Panel>Hardware>Device Manager>Sound, video and game controllers> Then look for your sound card. If your sound card does not display look up your computer model on Google and see if you can find the sound card information from there.

After this, search your sound card on Google. You should be able to find a download for your sound card device.

Hope this helps,
Ink

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.