I've got AVG fully updated. It has found four viruses including Trojans and bugs since April this year. They appear on the virus vault but they haven't been "healed" (the heal button is greyed out and unclickable).

Additionally, the Microsoft Security Centre is flagging up 2 security alerts: no firewall and no malaware protection. However, AVG has malaware protection (hasn't it?) and I'm ZoneAlarm firewall is active. When I open ZoneAlarm it says it is detecting I don't have an antivirus... but I've got the AVG!

My questions are:

1. Why aren't Microsoft Security Centre and ZoneAlarm recognising I have malaware protection, antivirus and firewall; and what can I do to fix this?

2. How do I get rid of the viruses I've already got in my laptop?

Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hi,

In answer to question 2, you can run a full scan from AVG (which version?), and simply move it to the vault, which is just as effective as getting rid of it from the system as it disables it. Some of the viruses will not 'heal' as it can't be replaced by AVG to the original state it was in before the virus and/or it cannot separate the virus from the file.
You can even delete the file which is affected completely from your computer by deleting it from the vault, but make sure the file isn't an integral part of your filesystem.

In answer to question 1, I'm not so sure, but here goes...

Have you selected "I have an antivirus program...." in Windows security center? This will allow AVG to report to Windows Security Center that it is monitoring your computer for viruses (make sure that you have enabled AVG in your tray)

I am not sure about Zone Alarm, as I don't have it now (although at a point I did).

Hope this has helped.

Thanks guys a lot for the help! :)

I've got AVG fully updated. It has found four viruses including Trojans and bugs since April this year. They appear on the virus vault but they haven't been "healed" (the heal button is greyed out and unclickable).

Additionally, the Microsoft Security Centre is flagging up 2 security alerts: no firewall and no malaware protection. However, AVG has malaware protection (hasn't it?) and I'm ZoneAlarm firewall is active. When I open ZoneAlarm it says it is detecting I don't have an antivirus... but I've got the AVG!

My questions are:

1. Why aren't Microsoft Security Centre and ZoneAlarm recognising I have malaware protection, antivirus and firewall; and what can I do to fix this?

2. How do I get rid of the viruses I've already got in my laptop?

Thanks!

Actually you have to download AVG uppdated software after some regular intervals because if you are using intenet then your laptop is more prone to the virus attack and also for malware protection you should use some addition utility...............

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.