is it possible to have a virus on a network.

every time i try to connect to a mac computer over the network from my pc my computer restarts?

anyone know what could be causing this.

i have followed all the instructions from the sticky posts above and i am just waiting for Malwarebytes Anti Malware to finish running now before i post my logs up. (usually takes about 3 hours to run).

i have ran the eset online scanner, dss scanner, microsoft malicious software removal tool, atf cleaner and the hijack this misc tools section. all these logs will be uploaded soon

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

that is where i was going to post the logs from the scans i have completed. i just wanted to know if a network could have a virus not just the computers attached to the network.

You also said you were about to upload the logs :). All the pc's connected to the network can be infected. As to whether the network itself can be infected......I've not seen it myself.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.