I have been at this for 2 days... you know the old saying... "One step forward, and two steps back..", well that's what I feel like...
OK, so here's where I am at:
- Followed instructions and completed tasks requested before posting
- The Malwarebytes found a bunch infected files - deleted all
- No errors running MS Malicious Software removal
- Ran "repair" on WinXP SP2 using disk
- Goes to Blue screen after logging into User and trying to run
anything. The Stop error I get is:
STOP: 0x0000008E (0x00000005, 0xB155FB75, 0xB1269784,
- Can only work in SAFE mode, but cannot get internet in SAFE
The computer is a Dell Inspiron 1501
I have scoured the internet looking for other things to try... I don't think this is a hardware issue, as the owner said the "blue screens" started occurring about the time of the AV2009 infection.
I gratefully appreciate any other ideas on resolving this "Blue screen" issue
Thanks! Rick firstname.lastname@example.org