In SAFE mode I do not have the following problems. In NORMAL mode I do.
1. My laptop seems to lock up,with the disk drive light flashing, and CPU count (sidebar widget) 1-3%. Ctr/Alt/Del for Task Manger takes over 3 minutes to work.
2. My anti-virus software VIPRE turns off. Full scans show zero errors., Sunbelt software (VIPRE company) so far can't identify problem.
3. Main problem is that Internet Explorer is redirecting when I open it.
Home Address is:
This redirect just seems to loop. Small load bar starts filling up, and then starts over and over again.
I also have a short cut to Google Docs. Correct address is:
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" http://docs.google.com/
When I click it it shows:
Seems to act the same and redirect loop
I have taken the following steps to clean my machine:
1. VIPRE scan = no errors
2. ATF-Cleaner - Ran OK
3. Enabled Viewing of Hidden Files: OK
4. Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Tool Removal Tool: Deep Scan = no errors
5. Malwarebytes: Ran several days ago = 4 errors. Ran yesterday = no errors.
6. Ran ESET Online Scanner: Internet Explorer stopped working. Did not complete scan.
7. Kept on getting request to update Java - blocked this to start and then allowed update installation.
8. Ran Kaspersky Online Scanner: Critical Areas = no errors
9. Ran F-Secure Online Scanner: Virus - 11, Hidden Items - 0,
Spyware - 2. Cleaned worked ok. Could not "Show Report" as button did nothing. So just Finished.
10. Ran Hijack = both requested reports attached. [?]
11. ESET error log attached. [?]
12. Deckard System Scanner: not used
13. MBAM log: attached. [?]
I thought I could attach the logs mentioned above, but when I went to the Additional Options, I could not Click the Attach Files , so no files are attached. Please advise how to attach files to this thread, as I'm missing something.