I Have This Virus , where everytime i open a application a pop-up for Get A Mac v1.0 pops up and some music plays from their commercial then it pops up the site.
Help Me Please?
My Norton Antivirus Gaming Wont work and i can't open any programs.

Recommended Answers

All 22 Replies

Hello and Welcome to Daniweb,

Can you pls do the following:

1. - Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (http://www.download.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html?part=dl-10804572&subj=dl&tag=button) to your desktop.

* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure to checkmark the Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.
* Post the log back here.

Make sure that you restart the computer.

The log can also be found here:
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
Or at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt

2. - Download hijackthis and post the log.

In your reply, post the logs (in this order):
1. - Malware Bytes Log
2. - Hijackthis Log

Thanks,

Cohen

Hello and Welcome to Daniweb,

1. - Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (http://www.download.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html?part=dl-10804572&subj=dl&tag=button) to your desktop.

* At the end, be sure to checkmark the Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.

C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt

1. - Malware Bytes Log
2. - Hijackthis Log

Thanks,

Cohen

Big Problem With That.
I cant actually open any files .
Besides Browser Mozilla FireFox
Norton Antispyware Gaming Edition (Scanned Full and Found Nothing)

Big Problem With That.
I cant actually open any files .
Besides Browser Mozilla FireFox
Norton Antispyware Gaming Edition (Scanned Full and Found Nothing)

What do you mean???

Can you download the files???
Will they run???

If not, in internet explorer, download them and rename the files.

Cohen

I can download files but it pops-up to Get a Mac v1.0 so i have to wait then the Apple Site Pops up so i cant open any programs besides Mozilla FireFox so it doesn't pop

Edit: *Fix found, look at bottom"

This virus SUCKS! Trust me, it will be very hard to get rid of.(not anymore)

You can't open any applications OR run downloaded applications.
You can go to controll panel but as soon as you get to System restore. "Get a mac v1.0" pops up and closes controll panel.

I tried going into safe mode, to try to do a system restore but the virus disabled system restore, and can't be enabled because the pop up won't allow you.

The "get a mac" virus thing also pops up in safe mode!!"

I had to do a full system restore with file backups, so I'm good now. I love my trusty old Emachines! :) And the restore DVD's.

PC = 1 Mac = 0 (apple just lost a customer)

EDIT= OKAY SO I MIGHT have found a fix at some other forum, I would try it but my pc is all better now from the restore.

http://www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2004-050614-0532-99 Also, go to Windows folder and delete crss3269.exe or something to that effect, as well as a .wav file that is similar to M4v.wav (I think those are them, but I've already deleted them before I could think to post here about it). Well I hope this helps anyone else who is foolish enough to do what I did and download a file without first checking its authenticity! (btw, I actually did run a Norton Scan on this file, so the virus must be somewhat recent!)

Please post back and tell me if it worked.

^^^

I don't trust those instructions with the user only posting once, and it happens to be this thread....

Cohen

Well it's you're computer, and if you're even gonna fix it might as well give it a shot. How could it get any worse? honestly this is the first serious virus I've ever had.

Well I'll let you know how I got the virus and how I found this thread in the first place.
People already signed up to this place might not know about all the viruses. This community will start growing when people google their problems. Like mine..

I first went into youtube searching "Myspace cracker"
The first video that came up was "Myspace cracker v.2.0"
I seen it, and me being a dumbass, I downloaded the link given for the program. I ran the .exe and BOOM. "Get a mac"

So I googled "Get a mac v1.0" to find any possible fixes. I couldn't find anything and gave up when I got to the third link (This one)

So I did a full restore with a restore DVD, and my computer went back to normal.

I came back to this thread to brag about me fixing the problem with a restore. And as i looked lower at the googled "get a mac v1.0" there was another link with another person with a similar problem
(5th link going down)
http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winvista/1228875385
And that's where I found your fix..

And there it is. Why would I post anywhere else if I googled myself to this thread?
If you want to trust me or not is up to you, maybe wait for another answer, but I doubt you will keep getting legit answers from people actually TRYING to help you out with your problem. You're only gonna get "download antivirus, go to safe mode or somethin and run it" they won't understand that you aren't able to run .exe's.
That's all I gotta say.
Most of the online world is filled with copy/pasters.

Well it's you're computer, and if you're even gonna fix it might as well give it a shot. How could it get any worse? honestly this is the first serious virus I've ever had.

Well I'll let you know how I got the virus and how I found this thread in the first place.
People already signed up to this place might not know about all the viruses. This community will start growing when people google their problems. Like mine..

I first went into youtube searching "Myspace cracker"
The first video that came up was "Myspace cracker v.2.0"
I seen it, and me being a dumbass, I downloaded the link given for the program. I ran the .exe and BOOM. "Get a mac"

So I googled "Get a mac v1.0" to find any possible fixes. I couldn't find anything and gave up when I got to the third link (This one)

So I did a full restore with a restore DVD, and my computer went back to normal.

I came back to this thread to brag about me fixing the problem with a restore. And as i looked lower at the googled "get a mac v1.0" there was another link with another person with a similar problem
(5th link going down)
http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winvista/1228875385
And that's where I found your fix..

And there it is. Why would I post anywhere else if I googled myself to this thread?
If you want to trust me or not is up to you, maybe wait for another answer, but I doubt you will keep getting legit answers from people actually TRYING to help you out with your problem. You're only gonna get "download antivirus, go to safe mode or somethin and run it" they won't understand that you aren't able to run .exe's.
That's all I gotta say.
Most of the online world is filled with copy/pasters.

ty for that post but i found that before and Safe Mode didnt do anything , i found a post about some program for Windows and it worked.

ty for that post but i found that before and Safe Mode didnt do anything , i found a post about some program for Windows and it worked.

what was that program???

Cohen

hhhmmmm..... alright...

Well, i just want to be sure that it's gone, and that there are not any more Nasties within your Windows.

Pls follow my previous instructions:

1. - Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (http://www.download.com/Malwarebytes...=dl&tag=button) to your desktop.

1. - Malware Bytes Log
2. - Hijackthis Log

Thanks,

Cohen

hhhmmmm..... alright...

Well, i just want to be sure that it's gone, and that there are not any more Nasties within your Windows.

Thanks,

Cohen

The first on AntiMalware is a dead link repost please.

hhhmmmm..... alright...

Thanks,

Cohen

C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
C:\Program Files\Digital Media Reader\shwiconem.exe
C:\WINDOWS\zHotkey.exe
C:\Program Files\IDT\WDM\sttray.exe
C:\Program Files\Veoh Networks\VeohWebPlayer\veohwebplayer.exe
C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehmsas.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Live\installer\WLSetupSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\usnsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.gatewaybiz.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.gatewaybiz.com
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {9CB65206-89C4-402c-BA80-02D8C59F9B1D} - C:\Program Files\AskTBar\SrchAstt\1.bin\A5SRCHAS.DLL
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: Ask Search Assistant BHO - {9CB65201-89C4-402c-BA80-02D8C59F9B1D} - C:\Program Files\AskTBar\SrchAstt\1.bin\A5SRCHAS.DLL
O2 - BHO: Ask Toolbar BHO - {FE063DB1-4EC0-403e-8DD8-394C54984B2C} - C:\Program Files\AskTBar\bar\1.bin\ASKTBAR.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: Veoh Web Player Video Finder - {0FBB9689-D3D7-4f7a-A2E2-585B10099BFC} - C:\Program Files\Veoh Networks\VeohWebPlayer\VeohIEToolbar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Ask Toolbar - {FE063DB9-4EC0-403e-8DD8-394C54984B2C} - C:\Program Files\AskTBar\bar\1.bin\ASKTBAR.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ehTray] C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunKistEM] C:\Program Files\Digital Media Reader\shwiconem.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CHotkey] zHotkey.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SysTrayApp] %ProgramFiles%\IDT\WDM\sttray.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [VeohPlugin] "C:\Program Files\Veoh Networks\VeohWebPlayer\veohwebplayer.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SUPERAntiSpyware] C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
O4 - Global Startup: BigFix.lnk = C:\Program Files\BigFix\BigFix.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Install Pending Files.LNK = C:\Program Files\SIFXINST\SIFXINST.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Blog This - {219C3416-8CB2-491a-A3C7-D9FCDDC9D600} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Writer\WriterBrowserExtension.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: &Blog This in Windows Live Writer - {219C3416-8CB2-491a-A3C7-D9FCDDC9D600} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Writer\WriterBrowserExtension.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll
O23 - Service: Symantec Eraser Service (EraserSvc10824) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Engine\16.1.0.33\ccSvcHst.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: PrismXL - New Boundary Technologies, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\New Boundary\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYS
O23 - Service: Remote Packet Capture Protocol v.0 (experimental) (rpcapd) - CACE Technologies - C:\Program Files\WinPcap\rpcapd.exe
O23 - Service: Audio Service (STacSV) - Unknown owner - c:\docume~1\owner\locals~1\temp\cdm\{d01e0dce-b957-4772-8c17-d6f711c8539d}\STacSV.exe (file missing)

--
End of file - 4824 bytes

OK, download Malwarebytes from www.malwarebytes.org.

Also can you pls post a FULL hijackthis log, it should include the operating system and then time and that sort of thing up the top.

Thanks,

Cohen

hhhmmmm..... alright...

Thanks,

Cohen

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.31
Database version: 1518
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

12/18/2008 6:39:12 PM
mbam-log-2008-12-18 (18-39-09).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|D:\|)
Objects scanned: 186845
Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 35 minute(s), 30 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 23

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\49Q3GPYF\ymmzzmn[1].htm (Trojan.TinyDownloader705) -> No action taken.
C:\My Backup -- 08-09-15 0705PM\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\F3CJPEG.DLL (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> No action taken.
C:\My Backup -- 08-09-15 0705PM\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\F3DTACTL.DLL (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> No action taken.
C:\My Backup -- 08-09-15 0705PM\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\F3HTMLMU.DLL (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> No action taken.
C:\My Backup -- 08-09-15 0705PM\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\F3IMSTUB.DLL (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> No action taken.
C:\My Backup -- 08-09-15 0705PM\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\F3POPSWT.DLL (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> No action taken.
C:\My Backup -- 08-09-15 0705PM\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\F3REPROX.DLL (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> No action taken.
C:\My Backup -- 08-09-15 0705PM\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\F3SHLLVW.DLL (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> No action taken.
C:\My Backup -- 08-09-15 0705PM\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\M3HTML.DLL (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> No action taken.
C:\My Backup -- 08-09-15 0705PM\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\M3IDLE.DLL (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> No action taken.
C:\My Backup -- 08-09-15 0705PM\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\M3IMPIPE.EXE (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> No action taken.
C:\My Backup -- 08-09-15 0705PM\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\M3MSG.DLL (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> No action taken.
C:\My Backup -- 08-09-15 0705PM\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\M3PLUGIN.DLL (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> No action taken.
C:\My Backup -- 08-09-15 0705PM\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\M3SKIN.DLL (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> No action taken.
C:\My Backup -- 08-09-15 0705PM\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\M3SKPLAY.EXE (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> No action taken.
C:\My Backup -- 08-09-15 0705PM\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\M3SLSRCH.EXE (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> No action taken.
C:\My Backup -- 08-09-15 0705PM\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\MWSBAR.DLL (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> No action taken.
C:\My Backup -- 08-09-15 0705PM\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\MWSOEPLG.DLL (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> No action taken.
C:\My Backup -- 08-09-15 0705PM\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\MWSOESTB.DLL (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> No action taken.
C:\My Backup -- 08-09-15 0705PM\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\NPMYWEBS.DLL (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> No action taken.
C:\My Backup -- 08-09-15 0705PM\Program Files\MyWebSearch\SrchAstt\1.bin\MWSSRCAS.DLL (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> No action taken.
C:\My Backup -- 08-09-15 0705PM\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\regxpcom.exe (Trojan.FBrowsingAdvisor) -> No action taken.
C:\My Backup -- 08-09-15 0705PM\Program Files\Internet Explorer\msimg32.dll (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> No action taken.
Scan saved at 6:42:43 PM, on 12/18/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP3 (6.00.2900.5512)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRecvr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\New Boundary\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYS
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Alz.Photo shop cs 4\PhotoshopPortable\PhotoshopPortable.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Alz.Photo shop cs 4\PhotoshopPortable\App\Photoshop\Photoshop.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.gatewaybiz.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.gatewaybiz.com
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {9CB65206-89C4-402c-BA80-02D8C59F9B1D} - C:\Program Files\AskTBar\SrchAstt\1.bin\A5SRCHAS.DLL
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: Ask Search Assistant BHO - {9CB65201-89C4-402c-BA80-02D8C59F9B1D} - C:\Program Files\AskTBar\SrchAstt\1.bin\A5SRCHAS.DLL
O2 - BHO: Ask Toolbar BHO - {FE063DB1-4EC0-403e-8DD8-394C54984B2C} - C:\Program Files\AskTBar\bar\1.bin\ASKTBAR.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: Veoh Web Player Video Finder - {0FBB9689-D3D7-4f7a-A2E2-585B10099BFC} - C:\Program Files\Veoh Networks\VeohWebPlayer\VeohIEToolbar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Ask Toolbar - {FE063DB9-4EC0-403e-8DD8-394C54984B2C} - C:\Program Files\AskTBar\bar\1.bin\ASKTBAR.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunKistEM] C:\Program Files\Digital Media Reader\shwiconem.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware] C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe /install /silent
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [VeohPlugin] "C:\Program Files\Veoh Networks\VeohWebPlayer\veohwebplayer.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SUPERAntiSpyware] C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Install Pending Files.LNK = C:\Program Files\SIFXINST\SIFXINST.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Blog This - {219C3416-8CB2-491a-A3C7-D9FCDDC9D600} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Writer\WriterBrowserExtension.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: &Blog This in Windows Live Writer - {219C3416-8CB2-491a-A3C7-D9FCDDC9D600} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Writer\WriterBrowserExtension.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll
O23 - Service: Symantec Eraser Service (EraserSvc10824) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Engine\16.1.0.33\ccSvcHst.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: PrismXL - New Boundary Technologies, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\New Boundary\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYS
O23 - Service: Remote Packet Capture Protocol v.0 (experimental) (rpcapd) - CACE Technologies - C:\Program Files\WinPcap\rpcapd.exe
O23 - Service: Audio Service (STacSV) - Unknown owner - c:\docume~1\owner\locals~1\temp\cdm\{d01e0dce-b957-4772-8c17-d6f711c8539d}\STacSV.exe (file missing)

--
End of file - 5157 bytes

In your Malware Bytes log, it says no action was taken.

Can you pls carefully follow my instructions and post back with the logs.

Thanks,

Cohen

hhhmmmm..... alright...

Thanks,

Cohen

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.31
Database version: 1518
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

12/18/2008 8:25:38 PM
mbam-log-2008-12-18 (20-25-38).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|D:\|)
Objects scanned: 186776
Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 4 minute(s), 56 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 23

Memory Processes Infected:

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\49Q3GPYF\ymmzzmn[1].htm (Trojan.TinyDownloader705) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\My Backup -- 08-09-15 0705PM\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\F3CJPEG.DLL (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\My Backup -- 08-09-15 0705PM\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\F3DTACTL.DLL (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\My Backup -- 08-09-15 0705PM\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\F3HTMLMU.DLL (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\My Backup -- 08-09-15 0705PM\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\F3IMSTUB.DLL (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\My Backup -- 08-09-15 0705PM\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\F3POPSWT.DLL (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\My Backup -- 08-09-15 0705PM\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\F3REPROX.DLL (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\My Backup -- 08-09-15 0705PM\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\F3SHLLVW.DLL (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\My Backup -- 08-09-15 0705PM\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\M3HTML.DLL (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\My Backup -- 08-09-15 0705PM\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\M3IDLE.DLL (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\My Backup -- 08-09-15 0705PM\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\M3IMPIPE.EXE (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\My Backup -- 08-09-15 0705PM\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\M3MSG.DLL (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\My Backup -- 08-09-15 0705PM\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\M3PLUGIN.DLL (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\My Backup -- 08-09-15 0705PM\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\M3SKIN.DLL (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\My Backup -- 08-09-15 0705PM\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\M3SKPLAY.EXE (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\My Backup -- 08-09-15 0705PM\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\M3SLSRCH.EXE (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\My Backup -- 08-09-15 0705PM\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\MWSBAR.DLL (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\My Backup -- 08-09-15 0705PM\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\MWSOEPLG.DLL (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\My Backup -- 08-09-15 0705PM\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\MWSOESTB.DLL (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\My Backup -- 08-09-15 0705PM\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\NPMYWEBS.DLL (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\My Backup -- 08-09-15 0705PM\Program Files\MyWebSearch\SrchAstt\1.bin\MWSSRCAS.DLL (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\My Backup -- 08-09-15 0705PM\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\regxpcom.exe (Trojan.FBrowsingAdvisor) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\My Backup -- 08-09-15 0705PM\Program Files\Internet Explorer\msimg32.dll (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Beautiful,

Now can you pls post a fresh new HJT log.

Thanks,

Cohen

Beautiful,

Now can you pls post a fresh new HJT log.

Thanks,

Cohen

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 11:43:11 AM, on 12/19/2008

Running processes:

O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware] C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe /install /silent

--
End of file - 4950 bytes

Alright, log is clean, from what i can see, just do the following.

Run HJT, and run a scan only.

Then mark a check next

Then, click fix.

Hit scan, and save the log. Then post the log in a reply.

Thanks,

Cohen

Alright, log is clean, from what i can see, just do the following.

Run HJT, and run a scan only.

Then mark a check next

Then, click fix.

Hit scan, and save the log. Then post the log in a reply.

Thanks,

Cohen[/QUOTE
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 7:23:16 PM, on 12/19/2008

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\livecall.exe

--
End of file - 4929 bytes

Beautiful.

Log looks clean to me :)

Cohen

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.