Hey friends,
I am very concerned about my PC's security.... And i hate viruses and spywares . I am now using AVAST HOME V4.8... Has it got an anti spyware? is it the best free AV software? I cant afford to buy an antivirus like Norton.. so am using freewares... which is the best freeware with all round protection? which sofware shall i use as anti spyware? adaware? Hope you guys would help me

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Avast is an excellent antivirus program. My feeling is the bundled "all in one" programs don't offer as much protection as several free standing programs.
Spybot is and excellent program for removing spyware, just DON'T use the TeaTimer portion of the program.
MBA-M is probably the top of the line right now.
For protection from spyware, malware, adware, tracking cookies, nasty websites, bad activex programs, SpywareBlaster is key for me. All are free.
Judy

Spybot is definitely one of the best programs out there to detect and remove spyware, malware, adware and generally shitware. AVG Anti-virus, free edition is also a very good program. Avast is right up there with it as well. I would definitely change your browser to Firefox if you haven't already. Internet Explorer has a lot of security issues, and Firefox simply does not. It tends to run a little bit faster as well.

Ok, Install Threat Fire Security Soft
PC Tools Threat Fire is PC Magazine Editor's choice anti-virus that is most effective.

ThreatFire's patent-pending ActiveDefense
technology offers protection against all types of internet threats - both known and unknown - spyware, adware, keyloggers, viruses, worms, Trojans, rootkits, buffer overflows, and other malware.

I am using... FIREFOX 3 with latest updates installed... and has Google chrome got better protection and speed? AVAST is good naa? Am so happy... ! It is very nice and it has good updates..!

Avast is very good!

Firefox is the best! Google Chrome has security faults, and still is in beta, from what i know.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is very good, i use it a lot. Just remember to update it before running scan.

Hope this helps.

Cohen

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.