Hi, I dont know if im in the right place or not, but I was wondering if anybody could give me some advice?
Three people (I have no idea who they are) have sent me a virus, the virus is called I-Worm/Netsky.C
Im using Outlook Express and it automatically quarantined the viruses, but Im worried they could do this again with other viruses that may not be stopped.
Can I block them? Or even crash their computers if I have to :twisted:
Dont really want to do that though.
I would be grateful for any help and suggestions

Contributors
Replies
Views
12 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by caperjack

>it automatically quarantined the viruses
Good. If you're not able to detect and quarantine Netsky then your virus protection sucks.

>Can I block them?
Yes.

>Or even crash their computers if I have to
No, that's illegal.

You can block a sender, but most of the time this is a vain effort because you'll just keep getting problematic emails from new sources. A better solution is to stay as up to date on your antivirus software as possible, and filter ruthlessly before opening emails. Naturally, the usual comments about not opening attachments apply.

Thanks, I received another email from another user today, with the same virus on it.
All the addresses are hotmail addresses, I dont even use hotmail, I use yahoo and my email address is not available by searching?
But it seems a coincidence that all the emails are from hotmail users.
I have spoke to one of the users and he says he didnt send me the email and has no reason to send me a virus??

Thanks, I received another email from another user today, with the same virus on it.
All the addresses are hotmail addresses, I dont even use hotmail, I use yahoo and my email address is not available by searching?
But it seems a coincidence that all the emails are from hotmail users.
I have spoke to one of the users and he says he didnt send me the email and has no reason to send me a virus??

Do you know these people ,if so do they have you in there contacs list ,if the answer to these questions is yes ,then they have a virus on there computer ,and its sending itself to all the people in there contacs list .

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.