Hi, is anyone here? Last post was quite a while ago it seems. Anyway, I have done much of what is posted...some of it I am afraid to do cuz I have some really expensive software on my machine and don't want to mess it up. I have a problem deleting an entry in Hijackthis log and am wondering if it is malware, script or virus my protection doesn't pick up. I run Zonealarm Internet Security Suite and have run both hijackthis and malware bytes. Malwarebytes reports no problems and as I said Hijackthis won't delete the above mentioned entry which reads "R3 URLSearchHook:(no name) -- (no file)".

Can anyone assist me with this?

I greatly appreciate any help you can give me!

Hi beezaah, you say you have posted here before but can find no previous posts for you and your info shows this is your first.
We really can't give advice on anything until we see the logs. That is why we request them. Can you post both the MBA-M log and the HJT log and we can better understand what the problem might be.
You said:

I have a problem deleting an entry in Hijackthis log

I do want to caution you, HiJackThis is NOT a fixer program, it is basically a scanner program, used to see what may be running on the computer. There ARE some fixes that may be done AFTER all the other steps are followed but generally not before. Removing an entry in HJT does not guarantee the removal of the offending file, just the removal of the entry. If there is infection on the computer then the infection should be removed first using the steps given in the link I note below and possibly others, though we never know until we see the logs. After those removal steps are followed then Final steps may sometimes be taken using HJT, but that is at the end of the clean up, it is not considered the clean up itself.
For some R3 entries removal using HJT is very difficult and a registry edit is often times the only way to do so. But I cannot say for sure this is the case with with one until you post the log.

I have done much of what is posted...some of it I am afraid to do cuz I have some really expensive software on my machine and don't want to mess it up.

not sure where you found the steps, hopefully HERE

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.