hi all ,how are u? i want to ask a question ...what to choose as my antivirus ? is bitdefender total security better then avira ? i have these 2 and i don't know what to choose ....please help me ..and thnx in advance ..

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

hi all ,how are u? i want to ask a question ...what to choose as my antivirus ? is bitdefender total security better then avira ? i have these 2 and i don't know what to choose ....please help me ..and thnx in advance ..

Hope you don't mean you have them both installed, that would be an absolute NO-NO.
Frankly my pick would be Avira. I am not so keen on the total security packages, they always seem to loaded with "extras" which just aren't needed. Avira has a free version which is excellent. That would be my choice. But it is of course a matter of opinion.
You also have to look at the requirements noted by each program and judge there, depends on the size of the computer, how much RAM you have, HD space available...
BitDefender recommends for XP and Vista

Windows XP with Service Pack 2 (32/64 bit) or higher

* 800 MHz or higher processor
* 256 MB of RAM Memory (1GB recommended)
* 210 MB available hard disk space (250 recommended)

Windows Vista (32/64 bit) or Windows Vista SP1

* 800 MHz or higher processor
* 512 MB of RAM Memory (1 GB recommended)
* 210 MB available hard disk space (250 recommended

)

Avira recommends for their Security Suite:

At least 192 MB RAM (Windows XP)
At least 512 MB RAM (Windows Vista)
HD space needed 40 MB + quarantine

Now that is for the full security suite, for just the AV program requirements are less.

thnx alot ......no of course i don't have both them installed .....but i have a question .....what would u advice me to choose ? avira? nod32? and thnx

The choice has to be yours as I said before. Here is what I have installed and am very satisfied:
Avira Free Version, I have used Online Armor Firewall Free Version and I liked it very well though currently am using built in Windows Firewall, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (Free version) Spybot Search and Destroy(Free Version)
The key for me is SpywareBlaster (Free Version).
Choose those above and you will be fully protected.

ok thank u then ..........i will make my choice

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.