i got this virus and i dont know what it really do... for now i have spyware doctor blocking it... the virus is called ''trojan-spy.ardamax!sd5''please help me out =(

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

go to Kaspersky.com and download the KIS 30 day free trial.
install it and clean up your system

go to Kaspersky.com and download the KIS 30 day free trial.
install it and clean up your system

How do you know the poster doesn't all ready have an anti-virus program on the computer? If this is the case then installing another one is a big No-No.

isaac752,

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (MBA-M) to your Desktop.

* DoubleClick mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install MBA-M.
* Be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When MBA-M finishes, Notepad will open with the log. Please save it where you can find it easily. The log can also be opened by going to Start > All Programs > Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware > Logs > log-date.txt.

Reboot the computer

The do the following:
Run the ESET Online Scanner and copy/paste the ScanLog with your post for assistance.

* You will need to use Internet Explorer to to complete this scan.
* You will need to temporarily Disable your current Anti-virus program.

* Be sure the option to Remove found threats is checked and the option to Scan unwanted applications is Checked.
* When you have completed that scan, a scanlog ought to have been created and located at C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt. Please post that log for us as directed below.

Next download HiJackThis. Run a full system scan with it and save the log.
Post back here with the MBA-M log, the ESET Scanner log and the HiJackThis log.

How do you know the poster doesn't all ready have an anti-virus program on the computer? If this is the case then installing another one is a big No-No.

I, don't know that and Kaspersky doesn't care. If you have a software installed with which it might have problems, it will instruct you to remove it before it will install.

As for his "other" anti-malware software, it obviously did not do its job and therefore deserves to be discarded.

I realize that software is like coffee shops or games. People fall in love with them and defend them, even against rational attacks.

I can only say this. I have 4 years experience with Kaspersky and I have gone everywhere on the internet with impunity. Not one virus, worm, trojan, phish, Et Cetera, has gotten into my system. No other Firewall/Antivirus/Malware software that I know of can honestly claim that level of protection.

I recall a false positive one day, about two years ago that it had on the MSWINSCK.OCX. They had it fixed within 1 day. That was the only one in 4 years.

That's what I call reliable software.

I do know that they have had some fun with their KIS 2009 version 8 as, at least myself and several others, had issues. I have however, been using version 7.0.1.325 for over a year and it works flawlessly. They now have released KIS 2010 version 9. We'll see.

Better off advising an on-line scan rather than loading up extra AV's.
I gather Kaspersky are up to that.

im not sure if any other scan will find the virus... because i use spyware doctor to permenatly blocked the virus from taking process.... so idk what will happen if i unblockit

im not sure if any other scan will find the virus... because i use spyware doctor to permenatly blocked the virus from taking process.... so idk what will happen if i unblockit

It's a leap of faith, I realize.

Here's an interesting page on YOUR particular malware.

Notice the company name at the top of the list with the most hits and also with the must nailed variants of your trojan. It's Kaspersky.

Here's the link for the free download.

Here's their product blurb:
"Protects against viruses, Trojans, and worms, spyware and adware, rootkits, identity theft and phishing attacks. Advanced proactive protection, unmatched system performance, automatic hourly updates and the fastest response to the latest threats."

I can vouch for it's aggressiveness and effectiveness.

A little history. Do you know about zone alarm's, lightweight and effective firewall? It was zone labs product. Checkpoint software, an Israeli firm, bought it. About the same time, the Russians were developing Kaspersky. It was FANTASTIC. A couple years ago, Checkpoint bought them as well. Then they started merging the tools, firewall and antivirus, email and web, malware detection and now spam filtration and parental controls.

Usually when software companies do that it is by buying inferior products and bundling. At best, the interfaces have kludgy bindings, with inconsistent module names. Even zone alarm was a merged product.

Not so in Kaspersky's case. These are most likely the hottest group of programmers available since Fox Software before Microsoft (the Borg) bought them out. Lately, kaspersky has been aggressively expanding, trying to be all things and that never has worked out for anyone in the past.

Maybe it's the Checkpoint company's influence and maybe it's just too much product expansion, too quickly, e.g. they now protect mobile devices, windows servers and linux platforms, as well.

I suspect Checkpoint, because the types of problems that show up in their forums are disturbingly similar to those that used to standardly appear with each new version of zone alarm. In other words, just premature releasing with insufficient testing.

Be that as it may, I have confidence that KIS2009 is still a fantastic investment for your future unless you wish to wait for Microsoft's FREE Security Essentials due out before November, maybe as early as September.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.