hi everyone, I am computer illiterate and sorry if this is a dumb question. I cannot see my desktop, it was blocked by something that looked like spyware or adware.. I downloaded Spybot and Adaware and ran them now it is not there, BUT there is a blank space where it was I have changed my background and you can see a small slice of it at the bottom of the screen but the blank space still covers it... It is kinda hard to describe... Hopefully someone out there knows what I am talking about.. Thanks a million!!!

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Hello AK,

I'm not sure exactly what you're talking about, but I've attached a program that helped me with a desktop problem I encountered while running Windows XP. I just hope it helps you with your situation also.

Best wishes!

Thank you sooooo much! <3 I has the same problem and your file just fixed it like magic! Thaaaanks <3

ThanK You ceomoses

You're Great !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :d

I too have a blank spot on my desktop. It's about 1" tall & 3" wide. It showed up when I was trying to add something as an icon to my desktop. The icon never showed up, just the blank space.

I just tried to run the program you suggested, but once running, it says my desktop is clear of any problems. It won't let me click on the "repair" option. If you have any other ideas, I would be very greatful!

Hello AK,

I'm not sure exactly what you're talking about, but I've attached a program that helped me with a desktop problem I encountered while running Windows XP. I just hope it helps you with your situation also.

Best wishes!

Dint help ceomoses...said tht the entry was correct...

Hey Ceomoses I have the same problem with my desktop, I can see nothing, I have tried everything from running unhack programs to reg fixes, ur file did not work for mine. I have also tried to end the explorer process and rerun it but nothing has seemed to work, plus explorer is gone completely. any help would be the world.

It's been three and a half years since ceomoses posted above. Try starting your own thread stating your problem and you will have a better chance of getting assistance :).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.