Hi,
The last 012 entry seems to be new and strange.........do I "fix it"?
Thanks
George

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 3:39:20 PM, on 25/04/2005
Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2600.0000)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32kui.exe
C:\Program Files\Sunbelt Software\CounterSpy Client\sunasDtServ.exe
C:\Program Files\Sunbelt Software\CounterSpy Client\sunasServ.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\PANICW~1\POP-UP~1\PSFREE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\mgabg.exe
C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32krn.exe
C:\unzipped\hijackthis[1]\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.excite.com/
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\ADOBE\ACROBAT 5.0\READER\ACTIVEX\ACROIEHELPER.OCX
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nod32kui] "C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32kui.exe" /WAITSERVICE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sunasDTServ] C:\Program Files\Sunbelt Software\CounterSpy Client\sunasDtServ.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sunasServ] C:\Program Files\Sunbelt Software\CounterSpy Client\sunasServ.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [PopUpStopperFreeEdition] "C:\PROGRA~1\PANICW~1\POP-UP~1\PSFREE.EXE"
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
O12 - Plugin for .mov: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS\npqtplugin.dll
O12 - Plugin for .mpeg: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS\npqtplugin3.dll
O12 - Plugin for .mpg: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS\npqtplugin3.dll
O12 - Plugin for ÿÿÿÿP:ùw÷|õwõˆõw : C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS\npqtplugin.dll
O23 - Service: MGABGEXE - Matrox Graphics Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\System32\mgabg.exe
O23 - Service: NOD32 Kernel Service (NOD32krn) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32krn.exe

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

It looks like one of the QT plugin's file-association entries in the Registry got corrupted somehow.

You can have HJT fix the entry, but you may have to reinstall or update QuickTime to regain whatever functionality might have been lost as a result of the corruption.

If you're curious, you can open up the Registry Editor, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\internet explorer\plugins, and look to see if a corrupted-looking "npqtplugin.dll" entry appears there as well.

thanks..........I thought I had deleted all quicktime from the registry, but I guess it tried to load again.....
George

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.