This is related to the new win32 virus.I read a lot of threads where you have requested the users to collect Hijackthis log...And i see that in the log that they give, the malwares are reported only from the c drive or the drive from where the windows is installed.Here is where my problem differs.Once this issue was encountered I formatted the drive that had XP and reinstalled it again.Then a couple of days later I saw that all my valid exes in the System32 folder started to show up as virus on ZoneAlarm. From which I came to the conclusion that the the virus must be present on a different drive. How can I remove or detect the virus from different drives...?
I have attached the Hijackthis log for your reference.Let me know if aany more info is needed.Please help me...:S

P.s I used "exterminate it" to determine any malacious content in the registry as well as the installed drive(only scans the OS drive :'( and found reader_s.exe and servises.exe in the registry as well as windows folder and deleted it)

How can I remove or detect the virus from different drives...?
I have attached the Hijackthis log for your reference.Let me know if aany more info is needed.Please help me..

Do steps #8 & #9 in the linky below and post the logs:
http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread134865.html

Do the Full Scan with MBAM - It will allow you to choose any and all drives you want to scan.

I am a bit overextended at the moment, but if you post the logs I'm sure somebody will be able to advise you further.

Best Luck :)
PP

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.