hi,im new here.and my computer is beeing taken over by this hotoffers stuff.i only have spybot:S&D and dont know what to do next.i am a total idiot because dont have a clue how to remove this stuff.so, please help me before i become more crazy.PLEASE

greycat. Hi and welcome to Daniweb :).

We ask that members not tag onto the end of other members threads, especially here in the hijackthis forum. It becomes too difficult to diagnose more than 1 problem in the same thread.

==============

Download the Pocket KillBox
Unzip the file to your desktop.

Go offline until you have completed all the below.

Run Pocket Killbox and paste the full file path of each of the below files in the box and click on Standard File Kill and End Explorer Shell While Killing File. Click on the button with the red circle and an X in the middle after you enter each file (see the files below).

C:\WINDOWS\System32\param32.dll
C:\WINDOWS\System32\guninst.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\popup_bl.dll
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svrhost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\systr.dll

Reboot afterwards if the files are successfully deleted.

If all files are not deleted, do not reboot yet. Run Pocket Killbox again and paste the full file path in the box and click on Delete on Reboot. Next click on the button with the red circle and an X in the middle. You will get a message saying "File will be deleted on next reboot, Process and Reboot now?" Click "Yes" to reboot only after the last file you enter.

=================

Download HijackThis selfextracting zip version from here. Once downloaded, double click on the file & it will install into it's own, permanent folder.
Start HJT & press the "Do a system scan and save a log file" button. When the scan is finished a window will pop up giving you the option of where to save it. Save it to desktop where it is easy to access. Open the log file and copy the entire contents of the file & paste it into the body of your post. DO NOT FIX ANYTHING YET. Most of what is there is necessary for the running of your system.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.