havin some issues, windows is slow, cannot access utilities, xp pro reverted back to 95, taskbar dissapeared, no anti virus or malware software will load. Any hair i had left is gone, any ideas??

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

havin some issues, windows is slow, cannot access utilities, xp pro reverted back to 95, taskbar dissapeared, no anti virus or malware software will load. Any hair i had left is gone, any ideas??

Not certain how XP Pro could revert back to Windows 95. Did you install XP Pro ON TOP of Windows 95 when you first installed it? If so WHEN did you do this?

Have you tried to restore your system?, maybe can help you.

Have you tried to restore your system?, maybe can help you.

Wouldn't recommend that yet...we need LOTS more info. To have a computer go back...4 operating systems by itself is really almost unheard of so using system restore may not be an option, there was no system restore in Windows 95 so if the computer actually DID go clear back to 95 there wouldn't be any System Restore. We need to hear from the poster FIRST with lots more information.

Wouldn't recommend that yet...we need LOTS more info. To have a computer go back...4 operating systems by itself is really almost unheard of so using system restore may not be an option, there was no system restore in Windows 95 so if the computer actually DID go clear back to 95 there wouldn't be any System Restore. We need to hear from the poster FIRST with lots more information.

Its a fairly new unit, bought it a year ago with xp on it. Im not sure how it did it, wont let me access any quickbooks files or any valuable info. eliminated my lower taskbar so i cannot access my comp or control panel seems like any exe files will not run???

Its a fairly new unit, bought it a year ago with xp on it. Im not sure how it did it, wont let me access any quickbooks files or any valuable info. eliminated my lower taskbar so i cannot access my comp or control panel seems like any exe files will not run???

See if you can do this really quickly:

Download FindWPP.zip and RightClick on FindWPP.zip and Extract the FindWPP folder to your Desktop.
-- Inside the folder, you'll see RunThis.bat - DoubleClick it and let it run for as long as it takes.
A log should pop up - please post that for me.

PP :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.