Hi, sorry i havent checked my orginal post from a while back but im having issues with this " dumprep 0 -u " again,, last time i think Kruchie helped me out by suggesting to check it off in the " misconfig" start up...but now theres a second running in there again and i cant really choose normal start up or it will select that " dumprep " file again ,soo is there anyway i can get rid of these " dumprep" apps that are running without harming my computer ?

hijack log

C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NvMixer\NvMixerTray.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Apps\Updater\01.02.3000.1001\en-us\msnappau.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\julio\My Documents\hjt\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://g.msn.com/0SEENUS/SAOS01
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://runonce.msn.com/
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Ipswitch.WsftpBrowserHelper - {601ED020-FB6C-11D3-87D8-0050DA59922B} - C:\Program Files\Ipswitch\WS_FTP Pro\wsbho2k0.dll
O2 - BHO: ST - {9394EDE7-C8B5-483E-8773-474BF36AF6E4} - C:\Program Files\MSN Apps\ST\01.02.3000.1002\en-xu\stmain.dll
O2 - BHO: MSNToolBandBHO - {BDBD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\Program Files\MSN Apps\MSN Toolbar\01.02.3000.1001\en-us\msntb.dll
O3 - Toolbar: MSN - {BDAD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\Program Files\MSN Apps\MSN Toolbar\01.02.3000.1001\en-us\msntb.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMixerTray] C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NvMixer\NvMixerTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [msnappau] "C:\Program Files\MSN Apps\Updater\01.02.3000.1001\en-us\msnappau.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_EMC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSConfig] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe /auto
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UserFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -u
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions present
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Remote Administrator Service - Unknown - C:\WINDOWS\System32\r_server.exe

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

May as well let the one in msconfig run, reboot and then uncheck them again.

Go to system properties (right click MyComputer > properties) > Advanced tab > under startup and recovery click settings > under System failure make sure "Write an event to the system log" is checked AND that "Automatically restart" is UNchecked. Then under *write debugging info* select (none) > Click "OK" and reboot.

Your PC should not give those messages then.

Go to system properties (right click MyComputer > properties) > Advanced tab > under startup and recovery click settings > under System failure make sure "Write an event to the system log" is checked AND that "Automatically restart" is UNchecked. Then under *write debugging info* select (none) > Click "OK" and reboot.

Your PC should not give those messages then.

Hey man whats up , yeah i did everything like you said to a T and rebooted but i the " ssystem configuration utility window " stil popped up.. i noticed theres an option to check off " SCU window" upon started soo i check it off.. and it load up fine .

just wanna check to see if this is right in msconfig... my comp used to boot up under " normal start up , now under general " selective start up " is checked , and in my start up " i can see still see that " dumprep 0- u" but just 1 and its not checked, is this right?

another question my computer used to boot up real fast.. but since i got this dumprep thing... ive noticed some of the icons on my desktip(which is like 5 )takes a while to load , same with the ones in C drive does this have anything to do with the uncheck ' dumprep, in misconfig ?

thanks crunchie

just wanna check to see if this is right in msconfig... my comp used to boot up under " normal start up , now under general " selective start up " is checked , and in my start up " i can see still see that " dumprep 0- u" but just 1 and its not checked, is this right?

That's ok.

another question my computer used to boot up real fast.. but since i got this dumprep thing... ive noticed some of the icons on my desktip(which is like 5 )takes a while to load , same with the ones in C drive does this have anything to do with the uncheck ' dumprep, in misconfig ?

thanks crunchie

I don't thinks so, but you can try deleting them and create new ones, The more icons you have on the desktop, the longer it takes to load.

thanks again mang! :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.