Hi, a friend of mine has told me that his computer has error message that keeps popping up that reads something to this effects "Cannot Load Engine 0400 Dll"? Thats all I got so far. I am still waiting on him to give me more information so I can pass it on to you all. Sorry about this. I am hoping someone out there would know something about this. Thanks!:?:

Contributors
Replies
Views
12 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Catweazle

I'll move this to the viruses and nasties section. I'm pretty sure that's a WildTangent spyware problem.

I'll move this to the viruses and nasties section. I'm pretty sure that's a WildTangent spyware problem.

WOW! Your right. I just got the rest of error message. Here goes... "Error Loading C:/ Program files Wild/Tangent apps cda/cda Engine 0400 dll" specfied module couldnt be found. So is that somekind of spyware he's got in his computer? If so He need to run spybot search & destroy to solve it?

Try up to date (and updated) versions of both Spybot and AdAware. Each will detect things the other won't.

Report back and let us know how it goes please.

Try up to date (and updated) versions of both Spybot and AdAware. Each will detect things the other won't.

Report back and let us know how it goes please.

HI, I ran updated spybot and spybot found the wild tangent and removed it and restarted the computer and its gone. Again, Spybot Search & Destroy took care of that problem. THANKS!:D

Testament to the fact that it's ALWAYS best to use standard tools before mucking about with things like HijackThis ;)

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.