I've tried MalwareBytes AntiMalware, but found nothing. I've run hijack and didn't see anything suspicious, but got rid of everything that was not necessary just in case. Also deleted all cookies, updated windows,winSocksfix, checked the hosts file, run spybot, and run "net stop dnscache" without any results.
The interesting thing is that yesterday, I had the same problem, but the difference was that some webpages would redirect me to fake webs, i.e. hijackthis webpage was replaced with a generic "antivirus.com - what you need it, when you need it", and the same thing with the met office webpage. Then I started doing all the hijackThis, spybot scanning etc etc but nothing worked, and suddenly it was gone. All webpages were loading fine again. I pretended I had probably fixed it without realizing but I knew something was not quite right =)
But now again the same problem =( no generic "what you need, when you need it" webs this time though